Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Congrats Wenjea!!!!! That's not that far away and it'll come quickly :confused: I was really nervous about the liquid diet but as long as you keep up on your Protein drinks then the hunger shouldn't be too bad! I have had about one stick of cheese a day. I'm surprised I'm not hungier, although if I don't drink a Protein Drink every so often then I get super hungry and start looking for something to eat. My Doctor told me to drink 5 Protein Drinks a day if I need to keep hunger away but so far the first day I had 4 and then yesterday and today I had 3. Yesterday was the worst because i had a horrible headache probably from no carbs and couldn't take anything. I usually take Excedrin but couldn't and won't be able to after the band. I wish the Protein Drinks tasted like a milkshake then I'm sure I could get by - hah!!!

Idea for a support meeting: Auburn's not that far for me and there is a nice Starbuck's near the Supermall?????

I tried to edit my post above to correct a spelling error but couldn't!!! Sorry!

I forgot to add that we always eat at the Cottage Cafe when we travel east or to Cle Elum - that sounds really good right now!!

you are cracking me up! Quit thinking about eating and instead think about the weight that is just falling off because you are sooooo good at following the rules. Then remember how much you paid for this and how silly it would be to waste all that money. Then think about how much you could hurt yourself if you don't follow the rules. Think about all those great looking clothes that you will be able to buy from any department at Nordstroms and not just the tent and awning section. Now get going and do the right thing!!!!

Remember . . . You owe me one pep talk in a few weeks.

sounds like you are doing great so keep up the good work!

when i tried to edit something earlier I got little smily faces between each letter. What's up with that?

Great to find more northwesterners, I'm in Tacoma, seeing Dr Oh

Good friend (Wenjea) & I are working together, we've road the diet rollerdoaster together for years and are both looking forward to having a truly effective tool (band) to help us succeed this time.

I'd be very interested in support group, I know this ride is going to be as much mental and spritual as it is physical.

Having EGD next week, turned down by insurance, so we're cash pay...upside si things should move along quicker now that insurance is out of it.

You're all in my prayers, please keep me in yours!

Merrillee - you said something about being at Dr. Ohs on the 30th. Are you there around 10am? Should I just ask everyone in the waiting room if they are singandsew? It would be fun to meet you in person.

Hey! Sorry, my appointment isn't until 2:30. Bummer. I think all of us from Tacoma area should get together for ...... ummm Water and some crystal lite?

Merrillee

Merrillee - Sounds like you are ready for mushies. . . .maybe to much Water and crystal lite? When do you get to expand your fluids into opaque land? We were talking about meeting at the Auburn mall so nbjen could come too. does that work for you? we could have a catchy name like the 'Ohs goes gang' or something. Sue and I also meet in University Place down on Grandview where the new golf course is going in to walk. They have a great place to walk and are opening a 2.5 mile walk that goes above the golf course and down along the Water. It was absolutley gorgeous today! Are you walking? How did you add that ticker?

Sue - nice you could join us . . . it's a great group of people here. I see that you figured out how to add stuff already. You know that doesn't surprise me one bit.

nbjen - I heard somewhere that those headachs were from sugar withdrawl. I always get them on about day three of a diet. What kind of protien are you drinking? Can it be a powder on your Clear liquids pre-op? Is pre-op clear or just liquid, i can't remember.

Maybe we should set a date for the auburn mall meetup and then see who shows up. I know Sue can only do it on Tuesdays and Thursdays because of work. I've got the 24th & 26th open in April or the 10th & 15th in May. Do any of those dates work for the rest of you?

I'm off to walk . . .5 days in a row . . . a beginning!

Wenjea...you'd be proud of me, took Budge our for a walk tonight. Is 2 days in a row concidered a streak?

I can do pretty much any day, I'll jus flex my sched., be great fun to meet!

Cindy - I don't have my band yet. I'm scheduled for 5/17. That's why I'm looking for suggestions on Clear liquids. I start pre-op, liquids only, on 5/3 and can't remember at the seminar if they said clear or just liquid. I had a hard enough time on the two days of Clear Liquids before my scoping. I'm really wondering how I'm going to get through three weeks or more.

Sue - I think 2 days constitutes the start of a streak. I took Puddin today on the Grandview walk. she did great but wanted to stop often to let everyone pet her. She did really well with the other dogs to my surprise but there weren't that many today . . . .good thing. I had to carry her towards the end for a small break after about 40 minutes, but she got down after 5 minutes and finished the walk. We will have to see how they do togther.

FYI - Puddin is my 5 pound yorkie dog who is 4 1/2 years old.

Yea! . . . i finished 5 days in a row on the walking. I'm committed to this!!!

nbjen - I heard somewhere that those headachs were from sugar withdrawl. I always get them on about day three of a diet. What kind of protien are you drinking? Can it be a powder on your clear liquids pre-op? Is pre-op clear or just liquid, i can't remember.

Maybe we should set a date for the auburn mall meetup and then see who shows up. I know Sue can only do it on Tuesdays and Thursdays because of work. I've got the 24th & 26th open in April or the 10th & 15th in May. Do any of those dates work for the rest of you?

I'm off to walk . . .5 days in a row . . . a beginning!

Thanks for the pep talk and yes I think my headache was from sugar withdrawl - it happens everytime I've gone low-carb. Although then I took excedrin to help but couldn't this time because I have my surgery this week, no asprin, ect for two weeks prior. I could take Tylenol but that usually doesn't help me. I don't think I'll be able to go to a meeting this week (too much going on w/T-ball, gymnastics and ballet for my kids) then I have my surgery on Friday. But I do want to attend afterwards.:biggrin1:

I'm on day my 6th day of liquids. It is clear liquids but my doctor's diet says to have 3 30 gram Protein shakes a day and he said to have 5 if I needed to keep the hunger away. I bought that Isopure powder before I found out what kind of Protein Drink I could have and I think it taste's awful - what a waste of money!!! I couldn't stand it. :sick My doctor prefers you buy powdered Protein shakes and make them yourself. So I've been making mine at home in the morning and taking it to work for lunch. So far the people that don't know I'm having this done haven't noticed me not eating - it was a busy work week. I have one nosey person who keeps asking why I have all these doctor appointments but I'm not telling her. She's way to judgemental and would tell me I'm crazy for doing this. And she's never had a weight problem. Just leave me alone - it's not your business!!! Geesh!

I also went to Walmart this weekend and picked up my prescriptions, liquid Tylenol, benefiber, ect. I also had gone to costco and bought some of those instant heat pads for when I go back to work if I need them. I also bought a liquid Calcium that is sugar free and a bottle of childrens chewable Vitamins.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!

Shelly,

Dr. Pennings only does his own patients fills, if you had another surgeon do your lapband he won't do it. It has to do with liability. I don't know if all Doctors are like that, there are several Doctors in Spokane that do lapbands, they might do your fills. Good Luck!