Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think the scale is going to drive me crazy. Between surgery and Water retention I went up 13 lbs in the 2 days I was at the hospital, It took me 1 week and a half to get rid of that. I am going down, but I keep comparing myself with other people, isn't that horrible! I wish I wouldn't weigh myself every day, but my dad asks me to weigh myself, or someone asks me how much have you lost already. I feel like I have to lose fast because heavier people tend to lose fast and everyone around me apparently knows it, so everyone expects me to lose fast too! I must say I keep expecting to lose fast too. So I am feeling the pressure from me, and people around me, and I want to go home already! how do you tell your family that these past 6 months have been great, but you want to leave. My grandmother and my dad have been taking care of me from day one, but I really want to go back to Miami; I miss my mom and sisters.

Sorry if I am all over the place, but I just need to vent.

Send that scale to someone else's house for another month!!! Get it out!! It will play with your mind. Just let your body stabilize....

Stop weighing yourself. I weigh about once a month after I read a post from a woman TOTALLY upset after she had gained 0.3 pounds from her morning weigh in. She was wailing about, "What have I done wrong? I am a failure! I knew the sleeve wouldn't work for me!" I was just like, "WOA!" I do not want that to be me, but I could see myself slipping into that.

I assume you didn't get this surgery for your friends or father, so why should you owe them a weigh report? It's none of their business. My wife and mother occassionally ask me and I tell them, "I don't know, I haven't weighed myself lately." They accept that and it's no big deal. Don't make it one and it won't be, but, fortunately, you are in control of this. Don't surrender it to them.

If you truly believe down deep in your heart that with 85% of your stomach removed you will gain fat a month out of surgery ... then go for it. Weigh everyday to monitor it. (Said tongue in cheek)

Well ma'am, you tell your family just like that " the 6 past months have been great, but I want to leave". As far as feeling the pressure, your the only one who can fix that. When I had my surgery, I returned to work 2 weeks later and one of my co-workers came into my office and said "oh I thought when you came back you would be thin, what happened? Didn't it work?" I told her very sarcastically "no it didn't unfortunately" and she left me alone.

The scale is your worst enemy, as you probably know already anyhow. But I guess until you leave your dad rules. Or you could just tell him that weighing yourself everyday is sabatoging your progress cause your a girl that has flucuating hormones causing weight gain and losses.

When people ask how much have you lost, you can just very cheerfully say "I don't know, I haven't been to the doctor yet, but I'll remember to let you know next time i weigh! After all without you this wouldn't be possible"

Good luck!

You are all right! I am not weighing myself until my doctors appointment. I don't think I will do every once a month because then I would drive mysefl crazy wanting to weigh myself. Once a week, thats what I will do. After my next doctor's appointment I will talk tickets with my father. Sometime I just need a slap in the face to get out of a funk.

Paola, You lost more weight on the pre-op diet than anyone I've ever heard of, which is FANTASTIC!! You may actually lose slower right now than most others because of that. I agree that you shouldn't have to weigh just because someone says "Roll over!" And, you should go home to your normal life if that's what you want. Tell Dad you'll send regular pictures but that you miss the rest of your family as well! :)

Good luck!! I know you're gonna rock that sleeve!

Thinoneday said "When people ask how much have you lost, you can just very cheerfully say "I don't know, I haven't been to the doctor yet, but I'll remember to let you know next time i weigh! After all without you this wouldn't be possible"

I love this!!!! I laughed until my sleeve hurt! Thanks!