Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am currently in a stall and it hasn't quite been 3 months since my surgery. I had the usual 3 week post-op stall that lasted well over two weeks. Now I've hit another stall that is currently at three weeks long. Is this fairly typical? To have them this often? Just curious as to how many stalls you all have had. Thanks in advance for any input!

I know I read somewhere there are certain stalls that almost everyone hits (like the three week one) so I hope someone posts that info again. I'd love to see it.

I'm six weeks post op. I hit my three week stall, which lasted just over a week. last week I lost 7 lbs, now I'm stalling again. I hope this is not an every-other-week thing!

I had a stall about 3 months post op for 2 weeks and now at 6 months post op for about a week. They are scary and I thought for sure I must have been doing something wrong, but they always pass and then you see the numbers come down. Don't get discouraged!

at 3 months I stalled for almost a month. Stayed the same weight for almost a month!! I thought that I was done losing weight. But no :-) I have gone on to lose 20 more pounds since!

Thanks for the feedback! I feel a little better now due to your past miseries of stalls around the same time. : P I'm also lifting weights pretty hard, so I'm hoping that has something to do with it..... you know...... the whole "muscle weighs more than fat thing". : ) I think it helps me by weighing no more than once a week.

Scary isn't it? I haven't lost anything in two weeks.

And sorry, an ounce is an ounce. Fat and muscle weigh the same. We'll just have to fight through this.

I have had 2 big stalls so far lasting up 5 weeks.

I used the Boot camp plan just this week (t posted in the post op fourm.)

It works great!

I like this community because the information shared is so valuable. Information about stalls should help us prepare mentally for what's to come. If I hadn't have read about them, I would think that I got the surgery done for nothing or that I was totally messing up something---I stalled for 3 weeks and it was not fun at all. It's not like it happens to a select few---stalls happen to everyone that gets sleeved. Blessings2u--BJ

Officially, a stall is no weight loss for over 2 weeks. Here is a graph of my weight loss over the past 6 months... I have lost 16 pounds in total (the last 6 months), and as you can see, my weight goes up and down all the time. I post my ticker weight every time I get to a new low. I see around 4 stalls here, two of which look to be 4-6 weeks long and the other two around 2 weeks. I have MANY more 'stalls' of one week. Its normal for your weight to bounce around...as far as I can tell. You will notice that the overall trend is down. I hope to keep this up until I reach goal, which is around 7 pounds from now.... that means at this rate, it will take me 3 or more months to get there. I am currently at one year out and have lost 86 pounds (according to my ticker). You can see I have a higher bounce on my graph, but that is normal, and will come off... maybe tomorrow, maybe next week!

post-3718-13813658143034_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the input everyone! Good point BJS! Everyone I have had contact with on here has been very helpful and informative. Finally got out of that stall of 253 pounds..... weighed 249 today at the gym. Back in the right direction!