Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kansas City Area Sleevers?

Some of the streets are still hard to get around on it might be better to reschedule for the following Saturday??

I'm getting ready to run a couple of errands close to the house and depending on the roads will determine if I would make it tomorrow or not :). But I could use the break from the house and kids lol

I am ready to get out and about! I do not have far to drive to the meeting but the highways are clear around here. I will check later tonight for the verdict ;)

I will be there. The roads are good.

KC SLEEVERS....please let me know if you would rather keep tomorrow or reschedule for a week from tomorrow.

My street has not been cleared well due or stupid people leaving their cars on both sides of the street:( I would rather go next week, that's just my vote. of course I am a wimp when it comes to driving in snow. So I may not be able to come tomorrow but I hope I can make the next one. How often to you all meet up?

I wish I could come but it is my son's birthday party tomorrow. I am a Mexico sleever so it would be fantastic to meet up with other vsg-ers in my neck of the woods. I had surgery 10 months ago and have lost 186 lbs and am just a about 6 lbs to goal. It would be great to talk to people who understand and who have been through the same thing. How far out is everyone? Anyone in maintenance? Cant wait for the next meet up!

Holli

Holli,

You are an amazing success story!! An inspiration. Husband and I are a year out. He lost 100 and me 65. Then....hernia surgery and total shoulder replacement for him, and losing stopped. I quit going to the gym due to chronic reinjury.I have 25 more to go, he has 40-50. Now we are back in the swing. But I struggle mentally. My hunger never left, his did. This surgery is awesome and you have kicked butt! Bikerchick comes to meetings and she is in maintenance and looks/feels great. Please come to the next one. I will post date. Lisa

Holli,

You are an amazing success story!! An inspiration. Husband and I are a year out. He lost 100 and me 65. Then....hernia surgery and total shoulder replacement for him, and losing stopped. I quit going to the gym due to chronic reinjury.I have 25 more to go, he has 40-50. Now we are back in the swing. But I struggle mentally. My hunger never left, his did. This surgery is awesome and you have kicked butt! Bikerchick comes to meetings and she is in maintenance and looks/feels great. Please come to the next one. I will post date. Lisa

Lisa, Thanks so much for your reply. You and your husband are quite a success as well! How cool, a husband and wife team. I bet your grocery bill is next to nothing! It would be great to meet everyone.. and for me, especially those out a little further.

KC SLEEVERS, NEXT MEETING SAT., MARCH 23, 9:30am, BEAN COUNTER CAFE on 7 Hiway south of Blue Springs, Mo., north of Colburn Rd. Please mark your calendars!!

Today, there were 3 of us over a year out, one at 5 months out and two that are starting the process. We shared recipes, products we have found and just great ideas to help continue and succeed on this amazing journey. It was fun to meet new people today and anyone that wants to come next month, bring a friend or your spouse. Just come!

Any one been to malley for there sleeve?

I was sleeved yesterday, 2/28, with Dr Hoehn. Surgery went well, Checked in at 9am yesterday, out by 930 this morning. Having a hard time getting all my liquids in, it hurts with every swallow. But I hear that will past... Let the losing began.

I was sleeved yesterday' date=' 2/28, with Dr Hoehn. Surgery went well, Checked in at 9am yesterday, out by 930 this morning. Having a hard time getting all my liquids in, it hurts with every swallow. But I hear that will past... Let the losing began.[/quote']

Congrats!! And yes the discomfort will go away on a few days.

Hi all, looks like the weather could be a bit iffy for Saturdays meeting at the Bean Counter Cafe so I am proposing. Could we reschedule for Saturday, April 27th?

What say you KC Sleevers?