Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Weight Loss Journey

This is my journey after WLS.

As you can see I don’t post on the message boards. However, I have been an avid reader of the forum for over a year. I have learned so much from other people’s experience and advice. I thought it only appropriate to share mine.

I’m a 41 year old woman and 5 foot 3 inches tall. I have a husband of 16 years and a 12 year old daughter. I was sleeved on October 25, 2010. My weight before I walked into surgery was 227. I had surgery in San Francisco. My surgery went fine and I stayed in the hospital for 1 day. The pain I experienced was in my shoulder. I was told it was from gas they pumped into me at surgery. All I know is it hurt. I went home and had a restless night. I couldn’t sleep in the bed because it was uncomfortable to lay flat. So I slept on the couch in an upright position. Not much sleep. I nodded off from the pain meds here and there. The next 3 days is kind of a blur for me. I remember taking my pain meds and tracking my Water and Protein intake. I also remember doing laps around the house because I was so worried that I would get a blood clot. On day 4 I stopped taking the pain meds.

Day 5 is the day that I started to get excited about my journey ahead. Sipping Water and Protein shakes was definitely a learning process for me. I did the post diet – liquids, soft Protein, protein, protein and more protein. I drank and still drink nectar protein. I like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and Cappuccino. I tried tropical and orange and they were ok but I didn’t buy again.

Below are my weight loss stats:

October 25, 2010 – 227lbs. Day of surgery.

November 1, 2010 – 210lbs.

November 15, 2010 – 203lbs.

December 6, 2010 – 200lbs. 6 weeks post-op lost 27lbs.

December 13, 2010 – 197lbs.

December 25, 2010 – 192lbs.

January 25, 2011 – 185lbs.

February 2, 2011 – 182lbs.

February 9, 2011 – 179lbs.

March 1, 2011 – 178lbs.

March 15, 2011 – 173lbs.

March 31, 2011 – 167lbs.

April 25, 2011 – 160lbs, 6 months anniversary - Lost 67lbs

May 16, 2011 – 159lbs.

May 30, 2011 – 155lbs.

June 13, 2011 – 153lbs.

July 2, 2011 – 159lbs.

July 14, 2011 – 148lbs.

August 2, 2011 – 147lbs. – 80lbs. lost

August 25, 2011 – 145lbs.

September 6, 2011 – 147lbs. - gained 2lbs. yikes!

September 25, 2011 – 145lbs.

October 25, 2011 – 145lbs – One year anniversary Lost 82lbs.

November 12, 2011 – 142lbs.

December 6, 2011 – 139lbs. – 13lbs to goal!

Ok, so that’s my weight loss history. I’m so glad I had the surgery. I love my new stomach. It gives me a freedom from food that I never had. It worked for me and I would do it again. Thanks for listening and I wish everyone a successful and rewarding journey.

Wow, you have done really great! From the dates, it looks like you have had no stalls. Can you tell me how you succeeded with this? What is your diet, exercise, calorie intake? That would be fantastic to see. Great job and so proud of you..... ;)

AnewdayandLife :welcome:

great weight loss - almost at goal, terrific

butt......don't be a stranger - we'd love to hear from you, don't be shy

best

kathy

Wow, you have done really great! From the dates, it looks like you have had no stalls. Can you tell me how you succeeded with this? What is your diet, exercise, calorie intake? That would be fantastic to see. Great job and so proud of you..... :wink1:

How did I succeed? It still sounds funny to my ears to hear that I succeeded. Thank you. Let’s see if I can sum it up. Now, this is my experience and opinions only. I ate/eat per day: minimum 75 grams of Protein, no more than 50 grams of carbs, and I don’t count fat grams - not sure why I just never did. I journal my food intake, Water intake, moods, and energy level. When I’m not journaling daily I know I’m off track. I have to journal – that’s just me. I really hate to exercise and don’t get nearly enough. However, I do think I’ll need to start tracking and “doing” more exercising to lose my last 13lbs. I’m very weary of slider foods such as: chips, Cookies, cheese crackers, etc. Once I start I can’t stop. I’m a carb addict. Once I stop eating “bad carbs” for a few days then the cravings subside (but never gone). Protein keeps me full. So always have to remember to drink my protein shakes and eat dense protein. I try to get at 64oz. of Water a day, but I have to tell the truth, I usually fail at this. But I keep trying. Well, that’s what I can think of right this moment. Hope it helps in your journey.

Anewday, amazing!!! Thanks so much for sharing your weight losses with us. I'm sure you will really spark some hope into many. Big Hugs and here's to you losing that last 13 Lbs. Rock on!!

Awesome job :) congrats!!!!

Great job! Good luck on your last 13 pounds. I'm sure you will get to goal in the near future.

Thanks for sharing and best of luck on getting to goal soon.

Great job!! It's inspiring to read a post from someone who has been so successful with their sleeve! :) Please, don't be a stranger!! :)