Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mt Family Just Brough Home A Large Pizza

Not Dominoes junk, but from a really good pizzaria. My husband and daughter were totally feeling guilty. I just walked over and smelled it (I love to smell food) and they yelled, "Don't SMELL it!!!!"

Honestly, I have no desire to eat it, but they don't believe me. I guess because before I would have eaten half the pizza.

Also, I went down to size 16 pant and a size Large top. I was busting out of an 18 and a XL pre-surgery.

my family brought home pizza the day i came home, they kept looking at me guiltily. i thought it was funny they felt worse about it than i did!

I understand exactly how you feel! I was sleeved on 12/28 and while I was sipping my broth for New Years Eve, my family was gorging on all of my comfort foods. I did surprisingly well because I did not even look twice at the food.

Just last night we went bowling and the family had pizza. I ate shredded meat and string cheese. While the pizza looked really good, I knew that it was not for me. I find as long as I am eating with my family and enjoying their company I am able to ignore what we are eating and just focus on them. It is getting a little easier but I know I will always have to watch myself. On the plus side a couple of things I thought I would like to eat on my soft foods diet do not hold the same appeal after the first bite anymore. My body is craving "good" food all on it's own now!

Stay strong and just know you are not missing out on much! :)

Is hard,there always temptations in the house,specially when you are the only bariatric patient lol My case too. You are doing amazing!!! Congrats on being strong!!

Not Dominoes junk, but from a really good pizzaria. My husband and daughter were totally feeling guilty. I just walked over and smelled it (I love to smell food) and they yelled, "Don't SMELL it!!!!"

Honestly, I have no desire to eat it, but they don't believe me. I guess because before I would have eaten half the pizza.

Also, I went down to size 16 pant and a size Large top. I was busting out of an 18 and a XL pre-surgery.

That's funny! My surgery was 12/20 and just today I went over to say hello to a friend who works at the best pizza place in the world! It smelled so good. I am not able to eat solids yet, so I just went in and visited while she was eating her pizza.

Later this week I am allowed to try solids and at that time I might try a small tidbit of their pizza. Not sure though, as it seems like it would be too filling.

I'm wearing my size 16 jeans but they are too big. LOL - bought them in an optimistic moment when I was bigger. I had no idea that they would only fit for two weeks.

I sat through a meal at Panera bread and chips and salsa from Chili's with my daughter. Both of those were fine. However, when she popped popcorn in the house I had to go for a walk. The smell was killing me!

Thank God I only have one more week of liquids....

My mom (I live with my parents right now) made a German chocolate cake a few nights ago. In a late-night moment of weakness, I ate some last night. I'm pretty annoyed with her for making it (no special occasion).

I would have eaten at least one piece of pizza! I'm just struggling right now with other things and finding food to be that old comforting friend, but I've been trying hard to break out of it since the holidays. Making some progress, but it is damn hard with chocolate cake on the counter.

Congrats to you for being strong!

I'm not yet two weeks out. Thanks for the kudos, but it wasn't willpower. I'm just not hungry at all. Weird.

Yeah, the smell of popcorn drives me wild. My favorite snack is/was stove top popcorn and diet coke. The over-sweetness of everything I have to drink is a pain in the arse.

Have no fear-most likely at least some of the hunger will come back!! if not real hunger, at least Head Hunger from the sight and smell of old favorites.

We are still living life and need to figure out how to accomodate some of out old favorites. When it comes to pizza (my diet nemesis) I saute up some zucchini, onion, bell pepper. Then I take the crust from one piece and dispose of it and toss that cheese and sauce on top of my sauted veggies and enjoy right along with everyone else.

If we are having Pasta, I just put some sauce into a ramekin, add my Protein, top with a little cheese and broil. Or I might add some steamed zucchini or spaghetti squash to the sauce and have that alongside my Protein choice.

There will always be temptations and for the first time in my life I am allowing myself to throw away perfectly good food-I'd rather throw it away or give it away than sabotage my food plan. My daughters family has never eaten so well!!

I know we are all trying to eat healthy and all... but i have to ask.. would eating a little bit of pizza be ok... hmmmmm..... i will be in nyc in april....... had surgery in december......... ive always wanted to try some of that world famous nyc pizza.... and the guys im going with will for sure be stopping for some....... would a little 4oz of pizza destroy me .. or would it be ok to indulge for the trip?

I completely understand Cat :)

I just got home yesterday and my neighbors came out in force and brought Lasagna and the works for my family. I sat down at the table with them all taking tiny bites of my Jell-o. I have yet to be hungry either. They felt guilty for eating in front of me and I kept assuring them it was a struggle to get the Jell-o down. :) I agree with the other posters that it is tougher on my family than me at this point. For me, my Maalox and fluids are far more appetizing than lasagna. I am sure as I heal it will get toughter, but I am hugely grateful I do not have to battle hunger right now! :) Thanks for posting this...and congrats on your surgery!

I know we are all trying to eat healthy and all... but i have to ask.. would eating a little bit of pizza be ok... hmmmmm..... i will be in nyc in april....... had surgery in december......... ive always wanted to try some of that world famous nyc pizza.... and the guys im going with will for sure be stopping for some....... would a little 4oz of pizza destroy me .. or would it be ok to indulge for the trip?

EAT THE PIZZA :teeth_smile: I mean i would. Eventually after you are healed it will be ok to eat a little pizza. You will be in NYC on vacation. Im sure you will be walking a ton too right? The sleeve is about trying to live you life normally in moderation and small portions. Enjoy your life just dont eat pizza every day! (or once a week)

My family is going to Florida to the gulf for the first time in May, im sure i will eat something not as healthy as at home. MODERATION! MODERATION! MODERATION!!

While I really love zuchinni and such, when I get eating I am going to eat smart carbs and will indulge in 4 oz. of pizza. If having Pasta, I will eat 4 oz of sausage and a tiny amount of whole grain Pasta.< /p>

I want to get to the point where I eat like a normal thin person. I will have that bit of zucchini on the side.

Speaking of Italian squash: have any of you ever had zucchini and eggs? This is an Italian recipe from Hell's Kitchen. I got it out of a book of memoirs. It's really good. If you make 1/6 of this recipe, the amount of bread crumbs would be negligible. We would skip the toasted rolls. It's good on its own.

Zucchini Sandwich

1 pound zucchini, coarsely shredded

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 large onion, minced

1 clove garlic, minced

1 cup Italian bread crumbs

6 Large eggs

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, Romano, Aged Provolone or Cacciocavallo (my favorite)

6 rolls, toasted

Drain and squeeze zucchini dry. In a 12-inch frying pan, sauté onion, garlic and zucchini in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. In large bowl, mix together cooked onion and zucchini, Italian bread crumbs, eggs and cheese. Place remaining oil in omelet pan and ladle in 1 cup portions of zucchini mixture. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side. Fold in thirds and keep warm. Serve on toasted rolls or bread. Makes 6 servings.

Sorry if I made someone hungry, but dammit, I still enjoy cooking and food. I just am not a glutton anymore.

Thanks for all the feedback!