Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Feel Like Maybe I Should Cancel My Surgery?

Your hubby is probably very worried about you and afraid you might have something bad happen because of the surgery. Mine was very worried. He got better and now, he knows it was the right thing for me. The surgery scared him.

I think the pre-op diet is the hardest part of the entire process. You are being asked to eat as if you have a sleeve while still having a football-sized stomach. It doesn't make it easy. Eating right will be/is much easier after surgery.

You can do this. :)

AllForMy4.... I am very happy that you were able to compromise and get the support you need. The pre-diet is the toughest thing you will have to do. Things get much easier after the surgery , at least it did for me. I guess the pre-diet is comparable to the colonoscopy prep... that too is worse than the procedure. :-) I wish you and your family the best of luck and speedy recovery to you!

Wow your pre op diet is not bad at all. I was on liquids only,2 weeks before and 2 weeks after,nothing solid. Don't give up,is hard but you CAN do this!!!

Of course you can :) You need this surgery,you want to live longer and feel healthy and amazing. HUG

You all are awesome!! Thank you so much for your support!! Tomorrow makes 2 days till my surgery and I am excited/nervous!! Tomorrow i start all liquid fast-I KNOW I can do it!!!! Then Tuesday the Mag CItrate-BLEK!

II thought about you a lot today, I hope you had a good day , your surgery is so close. This will be the best gift that you ever gave yourself. The best to you!

Hi AllFormy4,

What you are feeling I felt myself. Even though I did over a years worth of research, when the time came close I began to second guess my decision. It is a FRIGHTENING thing!! Surgery is scary no matter what you are getting done - but to top it off it being something as drastic as having our stomachs partially removed completely and forever, that is CRAZY scary!!

Here's what I'd like to see you do, take a deep breath, relax. Now, you have to seriously think about WHAT you are doing. Our surgeons do give us pre op diets for a reason, and that reason is to shrink our livers. They want us to have the safest surgery we can, and having a fatty liver isn't a good thing. They are slippery, large and hard to control. They are going to have to hold the liver out of the way to get to our stomach. Not only that, fatty liver is just plain bad to have. Its definitely better to take care of this now rather than later. Having surgery is taxing enough without having to worry about a shot out liver.

Please do what you can to get back on track from here on. It does only take about 5 days to get the fat starting to move out of your liver. If you start now, I think you will be ok. However, I do recommend telling your Doctor that you have been cheating on your diet. Some Doctors will make you re schedule, but it is not to punish you. It is so they can give you the best chance at a safe surgery.

This journey isn't for the faint of heart. You are going to really go through a lot both physically and mentally. You have to be ready to accept all those challenges for it to really work for you. Hugs!! You've come this far, you CAN DO IT! You absolutely MUST believe in yourself, and from where I'm standing you have what it takes... simply by reaching out for help here. If you need to talk my inbox is always open.

Thank you Happy and LilmissDiva!! Thank you so much for your kind words! Coming to this site was a real picker upper. =) I have been back on track but I do agree it would be best to let my surgeon know and see what they say. I go in tomorrow morning at 5:30 AM! First surgery of the day... Wish me luck ladies! Lilmissdiva-Your b4 and after by your ticker is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!! GOOO GIRL!!!!

will be praying for a swift recovery for you!

You got this!! Please check in and let us know how it all turns out. I'm sure everything will be fine, but on the safe side, its just best. Xox

Thank you also for the encouragement! ;)