Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out 12 Days....,,frustrated!

I am on my 12th day out, feeling GREAT, no "adverse side effects" to speak of. I'm still on liquids. I have been getting in all of my Water and about 60 grams of Protein per day. I have walked daily. The first week I lost 10 pounds. This week, I have just teetered at the same weight. It doesn't make sense! My caloric intake is about 500 calories a day. Has anyone else had this problem?

C'mon now! Take a break and look at what you just wrote. Your body lost ten whole pounds in ONE week! Give yourself a break. Your poor body just underwent a major surgery, anesthesia, a tremendous diet change and a huge weight loss...all in the last twelve days!

Do yourself a favor and put that scale away for a week. You just removed 85% of your stomach - I promise that you're going to lose weight. Don't beat yourself up or let yourself get worked up if it doesn't all fly off overnight. In six months you're going to be crowing about your huge loss and how close you are to goal, I promise!

Best of luck. Life post op can be a long, hard journey. No sense getting worked up just out of the gate. ;)

~Cheri

You're absolutely right. I guess I am just a weeeeee bit rigid with my expectations. I'll keep on with what I'm doing -and try to be a little more patient. Thanks!

Hey, we ALL get frustrated, it's part of the process. Just keep it in perspective and you're going to do just fine. Unless you start out intentionally doing things to stretch your sleeve (and it'll only stretch so much even then) you're going to lose weight. Maybe not as fast as you like, granted, but it's going to come off.

I wanted mine to be gone the day I opted for surgery. It took seventeen long and often frustrating months, but you know what? We don't get medals for getting to goal faster, and it's just as enjoyable to hit goal after one year as it is to hit it in nine months.

I can't wait to see your success posts in six months. Because trust me, you're going to be successful.

~Cheri

I understand how you feel!!! I am three weeks out today and have lost 23 pounds but the scale hasn't moved now for 10 days!!! It's frustrating cause you just want to see the numbers going down and down but you will notice other changes.. Maybe your pants feel looser, my face looks thinner... So keep it up and the weight will start going down, for both of us!

Thank you all. I guess I am just a bit overly excited, and maybe a little bit worried, as well. Right from the get-go I have been able to get in all of my Water - as well as tons of Protein via the shakes. I have been drinking extra whey protein isolate - and began to think that maybe I was taking in tooooo much some days - even though my caloric intake is still well within an acceptable range. I just need to chil -and be more patient.

: )

Can't wait until you have the realization that your pants have gotten way too big the afternoon you put them on! That's an NSV to have. I remember having my pants be a great fit in the am and the pm, they were sagging on my body. They weren't stretch pants either. It was a time when my body was readjusting in inches. At that time I wasn't weighing myself on a daily basis, just every few weeks. Now I weigh myself daily and it drives me crazy. Need to stop weighing. ;)

I'm just a month out, and I had the same thing. Two weigh-ins and no movement -- very frustrating. I was just sure that I was the one person this surgery wouldn't work for, and that I had taken this step in vain. But, like everyone here has said, I just kept on, and this week, voila!, I lost weight (5 lbs)!!

I read a good explanation for this early stall. Here is the link, if you are interested. It helped me stop feeling panicky and made me see the medical explanation. It is from a duodenal switch site, but the medical info is good and solid.

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html