Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded yesterday -

Hi Everybody.

I was just banded yesterday in Monterrey Mexico by Dr. Rumbaut. Things aren't EXACTLY like the US, though some are. For example, I think I'm a bit of a high maintenance princess in both countries. The nurses here seemed a bit lazy - but overall it was much like I expected. Except for the pain. I did a lot of reading beforehand and have to say, I might not have been brave enough to go through it had I known how incredibly uncomfortable the first 24 hours would be. It's better now and I'm extremely grateful to have been able to do this but OUCH! Dr. Rumbaut was able to do the main incision through my navel and even spared my piercing area. He said my dimensions were perfect to do that and most people's aren't so not to brag about it but you know me (ha ha...well you will).

I will be locked up in a hotel for a few days here in Monterrey and will try to pop on and get to know everybody. sleeping a lot. All in all, this is the best thing that ever happened to me and I can't wait to start eating healthy meals and getting my life back.

Congratulations and best of luck with an uneventful recovery. Get a lot of rest, get up and walk, and stay hydrated.

Hi ChristineM,

I plan to have the lap band surgery done by Dr. Rumbaut Aug 10. Please let me know how you are doing. I noted your comment on pain and I think I'll ask Dr Rumbaut for something to help me though the first couple of days.

Thanks

I'll pass on the advice I received here, sip, sip, walk, walk, sip, sip, repeat!

It will be okay...the gas pains were the hardest for me, but don't bother some people. My doc did prescribe some liquid Lortab and I took it for 4 days, I think. After that, I just didn't need it anymore. You're on the mend, be good to yourself!

Cindy

Congratulations Christine! I agree, the first day I was a bit suprised how uncomfortable I felt moving around. I guess I thought since it was laproscopic (as opposed to open surgery) it would be easy? It was especially hard trying to get in/out of the car, chairs, bed. I slept in my recliner for about 8-10 days.

I was stupid enough to go sit in traffic court the next day for 6 hours (another person caused a 4 car pile up about a year prior and the state wanted to make sure he & his insurance co took care of the damages).. well, if I had known it was an option to ignore the subpoena - I wouldn't have gone! The state's attorney said the other 3 people he hit were summoned too! And, I was the DUMMY who decided to show :)

So, the next two days I was wiped out! I wasn't trying to be a hero and every 4 hours or so I took the liquid codeine the Dr subscribed. Try to get some rest before your trip home, and try to get in those liquids! broth was all I was interested in for the first week, slowly you'll feel like trying other things. Don't push your recovery, take your time!

All the best,