Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another semi NSV

I've yet to have a true, authentic, COMPLETE public NSV. By "public" I mean something that doesn't relate to what size I'm in, or what my nekkidness looks like. Something that someone else says to me or notices.

I have all kinds of what I consider "semi NSVs". You know - those NSVs that are going great UNTIL the person adds that last little something that just brings the car to a dead stop.

Today a lady I work with (not my favorite person) comes over while I'm eating lunch and starts talking to me. While talking she keeps looking at my body. I'm sitting in my chair leaning back with my hands across my stomach and she keeps looking at my stomach, at my arms, at my hips, etc. while she's talking to me. She says, "It looks like your weightloss is going really well." (that's the NSV part) Then she proceeds to say, "I saw you walking down the hallway the other day and I thought to myself, "Oh, yeah, she's losing weight, I can kind of see it. Not real noticeable, not real obvious, but still there, just a little bit." So I wanted to let you know that even though you can't tell that much yet, you really can almost start to see a difference."

*sigh*

Then she's asking me all about what I can or can't eat, and how much. So I pointed to my lunch plate (chile lime refried Beans, turkey pepperoni) and tell her, "Well, I grabbed the last of what I had in the fridge since it's Friday, but I'll actually eat about half of this." And she says, "Yeah, I noticed your plate and was thinking you really had an awfully big lunch to be eating if you're trying to lose weight." (My lunch was about 20 cooked pepperonis and 2 spoonfuls of beans).

*sigh*

Dammit, what does a girl have to do to get a real, bona fide, no-strings-attached, public and COMPLETE NSV? :target:

*sigh*

BTW - no, I don't take what this lady says to heart. It's who she is. When my co-worker was pregnant - very pregnant (sz 4, carrying twins - she was HUGE) she pretty much started just wearing knit skirts and the basic tanks from Old Navy. One day she and I were headed to lunch and this other lady tells her, "Wow, you're usually so feminine, and so classy, I never figured you'd be the type to wear a 'wife beater' like trashy people do." :)

Your co worker - Ignorant

Your visable weight loss- Excellent!!!

Keep it going. Think about it, if she gave you a have hearted compliment you know it is way more visable then she is saying.

You know this already, but this woman's comments say OH SO MUCH about her, and really not much at all about you (in the area of character).

So, if she says you can "almost" notice your weight loss, I would interpret it to mean, "Way to go! You look great!"

It's all in the interpretation.

It's an NSV, bona fide!

Funny how those closest to us turn out to be our greatest critics, sabatouers, etc. I guess my greatest NSV was when I told the lady at Curves how much I weighed BEFORE she put me on the scale and she said 'there is no way you can way that much!'. Strangers have a much more objective view and those who know us or live in close proximity to us seem to have a need to 'keep us in our place', so to speak. Sad.. Not sure how big or small she is, but take heart in thinking in your own mind, maybe you can offer her your own clothes as you no longer need them. :)

If your stats are up to date, you've lost over 90 lbs!! There is NO WAY one could not notice.. what a witch! Great job!!!

You handle yourself so well. I think I would have to have said something. The fact that you didn't say anything says so much about you. This woman is hatefull and has her own issues and insecurities. You, on the other hand, are a strong and gracious lady. That is the biggest NSV to take from this experience in my opinion!!!!!!!

It's pretty easy to cope with, once you understand that this is all the better she is. :)

She has hew own self-esteem issues, she's in general "not one to talk". Funny how they're the ones who do all the talking, huh? :target:

Wheetsin I had to laugh at what an idiot you have to deal with. She should really listen to what is pouring out of her pie hole. yikes!

You are kicking butt, and you know it. Don't worry, the "no strings attached" NSV is soon to follow.