Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Year Sleeveaversary, But Still Having Problem.

Well all I am 1 year and almost 1 month post op. I am 3 lbs from loosing one hundred pounds, and I am feeling wonderful. However not so wonderful when I eat just about anything really. I can eat and within minutes to an hour I feel so sick that I gag and vomit on most occasions. I had complications in the begining and I am concerned that they are going to be long term if permanent complications. I am still only able to eat very little which is great, but that very little makes me feel like I have been hit by a Mack Truck and it sits and hurts until it comes back up. I hate that I am still going through so much, but you know what I look at the plus side of it. I am reaching my goal and I am loving the new me!!! Did you or are you having these problems??

not having those problems except when i over eat - i really try to stop when i know i can't take anymore. are you sure you are not eating too much???? maybe drinking and eating to close to eachother???? my biggest deal is i have been the same weight for the last 6 months .... get irratating. I am going to see my dr for my 1 year on tuesday so i will see what he says

I remember you and how much trouble you had in the beginning! I am so sorry to hear that you are still experiencing trouble. That does NOT seem normal to me (but then again I have never even ONCE thrown up with my sleeve) and honestly that sounds like no way to live!!! I'm assuming you have been in contact with your surgeon. Is there nothing that can be done? I remember your story but forgive me for not remembering the circumstances of your complications. It honestly sounds like you have a stricture or something. Is it ALL food that makes you nauseous?

Again, I am so sorry you are still having trouble. I hope there is something that can be done.

are you still taking prilosec or something like it? I tried to stop last month at 7 months and promptly started right back up.

I don't think you should be having these kinds of problems this far out from surgery.

I would follow up with your doctor. By now you should be able to tolerate at least 1/2 C of food without problems, if you are chewing it very well and eating slowly.

Hi,,, Wow... I would say totally not normal...

I will get a stomach pain once in a while and each time I know its from eating tooo fast and not chewing enough, but I have never actually vomitted or became so ill from eating that I thought I would be sick, never had that at all.

To me it does sound like a complication that you should pursue with your doctor and hopefully it can be fixed.. Wishing you the best, and hoping the doc can figure it out, possibly something very minor!!

Take are & good luck

:( your having complications. Let us know what your doc has been able to help you with the complications. ;)

If I eat too fast I feel really sick...and I'm 17 months out. I know, I know, eat slower, so hard to do. :(