Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looks Like We Lost Some Data

Here is lilmissdiva's basic boot camp:

I get lots of questions regarding how to get back on track. This journey is tough, and one thing I've learned is that I'm not perfect - but if I'm going to move past that I have to figure out how to forgive myself. For me, the main factor in my obesity was my inability to overcome this. So I would give up and gain all my weight back, and even more. I cannot do this to myself!!! I have to pick myself back up and keep it moving. I didn't go through 2 torturous painful weight loss surgeries to just keep giving up. Heck no!!!

So, along my Sleeve Journey, when I noticed I wasn't doing well and needed to get back on track this is what I did:

The BASICS BOOTCAMP:

For 5 STRICT DAYS I will eat only...

Proteins: Seafoods, Poultry and eggs, Dairies, nuts/seeds including Peanut Butter.

Veggies: Green only.

Fruits: None.

Breads/Cereals/Other Carbs: None.

Fluids: One gallon of Water (128 oz.) or Protein drinks.

Avoid: Sugar and Sodium

Once the 5 days are over, I am pretty much over the Sugar Carb Demon. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate carbs! I do need them to live a healthy life and since I workout a lot it is important I have them. However, I need GOOD carbs. Whole grains, fruits, veggies... But I don't need processed sugars. White carbs, in cereals, breads, rice... etc.

Lots will do the 5 day pouch test. http://www.5daypouchtest.com/ Great! To each their own. I personally do not do this. My first reason is because I don't have a pouch. I have a sleeve. The second reason is because for me, this has proven nothing but torture for me. I don't feel like I should have to do that. My personal program works just as good without that side effect. The only reasons I've ever done liquids only is simply from being threatened with my life (post op) or if I'm just feeling sick and to let my Sleevie rest. That's it.

Good luck everyone! This journey is tough, but nothing worth doing is ever easy. Xoxo

From what I can tell thus far we had maybe 2 hours worth of data loss. Are any of you seeing more than that ? We have very good backups but restoring them is painfully slow. We have a new backup system in place as well as all new server cluster hardware, which caused the issue in the first place (we had a raid card and three drives go bad all at once.)

I'm missing a lengthy blog entry :(

I'm guessing there was a corrupt database issue and we lost a couple day's worth of data. Not doing those transaction log backup, eh?

I saw there were several SQL Database errors leading up to the site's demise. That is too bad.

I'm a SQL DBA with over 12 years experience if you need any help/advice on dealing with corrupt databases or restoring logs.

I was wondering what the heck that was all about. I guess we all found out just how dependent we are on this site! I think I checked on it about 287,000 times. :s

per my email replies it was probably in that time frame or close to it. about 1230am 2days ago. my pics that i lost were posted about 1130pm on jan 10th.

Here is lilmissdiva's basic boot camp:

I get lots of questions regarding how to get back on track. This journey is tough, and one thing I've learned is that I'm not perfect - but if I'm going to move past that I have to figure out how to forgive myself. For me, the main factor in my obesity was my inability to overcome this. So I would give up and gain all my weight back, and even more. I cannot do this to myself!!! I have to pick myself back up and keep it moving. I didn't go through 2 torturous painful weight loss surgeries to just keep giving up. Heck no!!!

So, along my Sleeve Journey, when I noticed I wasn't doing well and needed to get back on track this is what I did:

The BASICS BOOTCAMP:

For 5 STRICT DAYS I will eat only...

Proteins: Seafoods, Poultry and eggs, Dairies, nuts/seeds including Peanut Butter.

Veggies: Green only.

Fruits: None.

Breads/Cereals/Other Carbs: None.

Fluids: One gallon of Water (128 oz.) or Protein drinks.

Avoid: Sugar and Sodium

Once the 5 days are over, I am pretty much over the Sugar Carb Demon. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate carbs! I do need them to live a healthy life and since I workout a lot it is important I have them. However, I need GOOD carbs. Whole grains, fruits, veggies... But I don't need processed sugars. White carbs, in cereals, breads, rice... etc.

Lots will do the 5 day pouch test. http://www.5daypouchtest.com/ Great! To each their own. I personally do not do this. My first reason is because I don't have a pouch. I have a sleeve. The second reason is because for me, this has proven nothing but torture for me. I don't feel like I should have to do that. My personal program works just as good without that side effect. The only reasons I've ever done liquids only is simply from being threatened with my life (post op) or if I'm just feeling sick and to let my Sleevie rest. That's it.

Good luck everyone! This journey is tough, but nothing worth doing is ever easy. Xoxo

THANKS DORRIE!!!!

Isn't it amazing how dependent we have all become on computers? Ten years ago, I would have never cared if anything crashed on a website. Now, I am lost without them. Fortunately, Alex has an amazing team and got us back up and running as quickly as possible.

I was wondering what the heck that was all about. I guess we all found out just how dependent we are on this site! I think I checked on it about 287,000 times. :s

LOL.. I TOTALLY AGREE!!

Yes, Thanks Alex! I know you all work very hard to make this such a great place. :biggrin5:

yes. i lost topics older than 2 hours an i lost the pics you posted for me alex. but now i am able to add pics on my own. so thats something i wasn't able to do before the crash!

My bad! We lost about 12 hours of data. From 2PM to 2AM, when the site went down.

Thanks for getting us back up and running.

I lost a PM to someone...and you guys are right about how much we depend on this site. I felt "lost" yesterday without it!!

Oh man, thank you for reminding me that a database backup is LOOOOOONG overdue on my own forum! This is every forum owners nightmare!

yeah I noticed a few posts where my responses were gone, and I thought I had already responded, well at least I know I'm not losing it now LOL

Might I suggest transaction log backups every 15 minutes? Assuming you do nightly backups or at least differentials, you would only need the one day's worth. Are your backups compressed? It makes restoring so much quicker, too. I have a 300 GB DB that I can restore in less than an hour using native SQL backup and restore. Using some tools (I won't name them) I can restore the same DB in about 10 minutes.

Cheap, too.