Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS! MY SURGERY DATE IS THE 16 OF THIS MONTH. MY FIRST DATE WAS THE 9TH BUT HAD TO RESCHEDULE BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I HAD MY APPROVAL FOR 100% FOR ALMOST A MONTH NOW THE HOSPITAL NEEDS MY OFFICIAL LETTER SO THE WONT SCHEDULE THE PRE-OP APPT.

TODAY I CALLED TO SEE ABOUT GETTING MY PRE-OP APPT SINCE MY DATE IS ABOUT A WEEK AWAY AND THEY STILL DONT HAVE MY LETTER!!!! WHAT THE HELL. THE HOSPITAL SAID THE LADY FROM BLUE CROSS HAS BEEN ON VACATION. SERIOUSLY FOR A MONTH COME ON. AND THERE ISN'T KNOW ONE THAT COVERS HER THAT CAN PUT A STAMP ON AN ENVOLOPE AND PUT IN THE MAIL.

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS GOING FOR OVER 2 MONTHS WHEN I HAD MY 1ST APPT AND TOLD THE DR. I WANTED TO WAIT TO THE BEGINNING OF JANUARY HE WANTED TO KNOW WHY I WANTED TO WAIT SOO LONG. LOL WELL GUESS ITS A GOOD THING I WASNT TRYING TO DO IT ASAP.

ALSO THIS IS AFTER MY 6 MONTH SUPERVISED DIET THROUGH MY DR. SO ALTOGETHER SINCE MAY OF THIS YEAR banghead.gif

Have you personally called the insurance company? That's where I would start. Be your own advocate. Get them to fax the letter and mail you a copy - and even fax it or email it if they have the capability. You should receive a copy in the mail anyway. Call and don't stop calling until you get what you're asking for.

YES I HAVE AND SINCE THERE IS A SPECIAL SECTOR I GUESS AT THE INSURANCE COMPANY THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DONT HAVE CRAP. IVE CALLED THE HOSPITAL EVERYDAY SINCE LAST WEEK. THE INSURANCE DEPARTMENT AT THE HOSPITAL WAS GONNA AND FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON BUT WOULD ONLY CALL ME WHEN IT COMES IN.

I know how you feel...I finished my 6 month diet on Dec 19th and the only person in the office that could submit my info to the insurance company for approval was out on vacation for two weeks. Are you serious? Nobody else in the office could help? I was so angry, I had done what I needed to do with all my tests and diet and I got all my little ducks in a row and then had to wait on them. It's so frustrating. I did finally get a call this monring that I'm approved and we just need to schedule the date now. Again, waiting to hear from a different person in the office to set the schedule. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can still get in this month. Keep me posted on how you're doing. I wish you the best of luck!

THANKS YOU TO KEEP ME POSTED. I ACTUALLY GOT MY APPROVAL ON 19TH BUT THE HOSPITAL NEEDED A LETTER IN WRITING I GUESS AND THATS THE HOLD UP. OMG

MY SCHEDULING PERSON JO IS GREAT AND CALLS ME TO JUST UPDATE ME SHES THE ONE TRYING TO HOLD ME A SPOT.

Did you receive an approval letter from BC? I have BCBS PPO and I've received two letters, one for the surgery approval and another for the hospital approval. For some reason the hospital approval came about two weeks after the initial approval letter. If you've received similar letters, I wonder if they'd scheduled you with your copy of the letter? Just a thought.