Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Was Your Post-op Lab Work Schedule?

Maybe it was because I had another surgery 2 weeks after my sleeve, but I have not done any lab work. I notice that everyone else has tons of follow-ups and blood work. So, what was your post-op schedule like for labs, follow-ups, NUT etc.? I'm starting to worry a bit sad.png

hi

my DOS was 12/15/11 - saw the dr. 10 days later - and won't see him again til 2/8/11 - no blood work for me either. i'm not worried, as we always say - all dr.'s are different.

PS sorry you had to have another surgery so soon after WLSmad.gif

kathy

WLS only do blood work l year post op. However, I emailed my PCP and asked if I could do a blood panel and he put in a request. Everything had improved and my LDL were 102 where target was 100. Loved the results. I was about 8 to 9 weeks out. ;)

My surgeon does blood work every three months for the first year I think it is. I did my 3 months blood work and it was fine except for low Vitamin D. They prescribed me 50,000 iu of vit. d. I am going for my 6 month visit on Feb 10 and I have to have my blood drawn one week before the visit so we can talk about any deficiencies. So in about a month I will have my second blood panel done. He checks everything!!!!

Also, I started a running program and thought I would go to my pcp for a regular physical since my insurance covers it with no copay and it covers regular bloodwork like cholesterol, liver function, thyroid, etc. They also did my pap and mammogram too for free. I had all that done yesterday so we will see what my "regular" bloodwork says. Im excited to see if my cholesterol is down and how much. I have severe asthma but was given an inhaler so I can jog. Yay! side note... I have been really cold lately but my blood pressure runs low and has all my life. Yesterday it was a whopping 80/60! I am barely alive! teehee. My doc says thats fine but I think its really low. Dont know how to raise it and dont really want to except for my extremeties getting so cold.

I had blood work down 10 days out and it will be every 2-3 months depending results for the 1st year.. I have very low Vit D levels as well.

No bloodwork here, and no mention of when it will be.

I had a one week appt. and have another one at six weeks post op. That's all I am aware of at this point!

Thanks everyone! I guess I was just fixating on those that had lab work, lol!

Maybe it's because I am already over halfway to goal, it feels like I should have had more follow-ups. I am about to buy treadmill so I think I should see my PCP for the A-Ok.

My pcp decided to do blood panel because I'm cold and because I'm losing my hair...he wants to be sure its not due to my thyroid meds being out of whack. So I will have a bt in feb