Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one........

that is hungry after being banded 4 weeks ago? I seem to be eating more and more. This is getting frustruating! I don't go for a feel for two more weeks. How do I get through this without gaining weight?

Thanks,

Kathy

call your doc and see if you can get in sooner.. Most people start to get hungry around that point.. it will get better...

I know exactly how you feel. From about the 3rd week after my surgery, I was able to eat anything I wanted and just as much as I was before pre-band. I was starving and beginning to wonder if the band was even in there. But, once you get that first fill, everything will change. Once I got mine, I started losing an average of 2 pounds per week and am not hungry. I agree with the other poster, see if maybe your doctor will let you come in a little sooner for your first fill.

Try to relax about it for now. This period of time is for healing, not weight loss. Until you get a fill, you'll probably be able to eat just as you did before you were banded. But that doesn't mean you should. Go ahead and eat more if you're hungry, but eat hard Proteins that will help keep you full longer while helping your weightloss. chicken, fish fillets, tuna, roast beef, steak.. all of these are excellent sources of Protein. If you're on solids now you should be able to eat any of these if they are cooked in a way that doesn't dry them out.

Take a good look at what you're eating. If its most soft carb type foods, that could be why you are feeling so hungry.

Serve your food in a very small container. About a cup in size. Don't drink any fluids just before, during, or for an hour after your meal. If you are still hungry after doing all of this, then accept that you need more and eat again, following the same suggestions I just gave ya.

And finally, you say you can eat so much now. Can you really? Or does it just seem that way to you in comparison to how you have been able to eat over the last month? To get a better perspective, think back on what you were eating before banding. Now compare that to what you eat now. Big difference huh? We aren't supposed to starve ourselves. You should be eating between 800-1,000 calories per day with a minimum of 60grams of Protein and losing about 1 to 2 pounds per week. (Yep, I said per week - not per day!)

I'm kind of muzzy-headed today so I hope that all made sense and didn't just sound like mindless ramblings. *laughs*