Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Aggravated! (vent)

And I feel like a whiny baby on top of it, sigh. I'm the type of person that when I make up my mind to do something, I want to get it DONE. With this surgery I am doubly invested because of the daily physical pain I am in.

So I am at the beginning of my journey and I was supposed to have my consult with the surgeon today. This is the doctor that is my #1 choice. I arrange time off work and childcare as it overlaps daycare ending. I get there and cannot find parking anywhere, literally driving around for 20 minutes. I call the office to ask if they know any parking places and they tell me "oh we have to reschedule anyway. The doctor had an emergency to attend to". ARRGGH.

The disappointment was overwhelming. I was really upset for a little while and allowed myself a pity party. I know emergencies happen and if it were me on the other end I'd surely want my surgeon there. But it is still aggravating. So I rescheduled for next week and now my kid is coming with me.

The second part to my frustration is that I have another seminar scheduled for tomorrow. I am starting to feel like I'm getting sick and I'd rather not go. I was also hoping that I'd really like this guy that I was seeing today so that I wouldn't feel the need to go to this second seminar. But now I feel like I should go just in case. Just so annoying!

Thanks for letting me have my petty vent.

Tana I know exactly how you feel! I had my Dr. cancel on me 3 hrs before surgery! He got really sick and was out for the rest of the week. I was so mad that at that moment I didn't care why he canceled. I even told my family and friends that the first one to say "It all happens for a reson" was going to get decked! LOL!! Luckly I got to vent here and started to see the silver lining on my rain cloud. I just kept saying to myself "This IS going to happen! No matter how long it takes me!!" and now I'm 19 days post-op. So please don't get discouraged. You can do this and desirve to get this done! Good luck!!

Thank you so much for understanding and sharing your story. I'd be steamed to have surgery cancelled! It's like, we have to remember that our surgeons are human beings too but at the moment you just don't care.

I'm actually glad that this doctor drops everything to attend a patient in need, shows that he cares and takes care of business. I just had to have my whinefest,lol. Now if it happens again....

And congrats on that 23 lbs gone!

It is frustrating. You're right - you would want him to drop everything and get to you in your time of need. It just goes with the territory. I would definitely go to the other seminar - you might learn something new and perhaps really like the surgeon more than the first one you were supposed to see today. Keep your options open and do as much legwork as you can. It will be worth it!

I say go to the other seminar. At least you will have a better idea on whether doc 1 is the right doc for you.

Btw, one of the reasons I chose my doc is because he drops everything if a patient is in distress. I love that about him!!

Lissa

Thanks both of you. I will go to the other seminar. Funny thing is, it's actually at the hospital that is a part of who I work for. If I end up choosing to go there, my surgery would be covered 100% instead of 80/20 anywhere else. But I kind of didn't want to go where I work because it's not as convenient. Oh well it's fine. The right choice will come to me I believe.