Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Where can I get some? Please don't say Amazon.< /p>

LOL...no, not Amazon. Either on their own site, http://www.questproteinbar.com/, or else I've heard they are also available via Netrition.com.

ETA: Plus, for me, they are very tasty and I look forward to eating them even though I've been through about six boxes by now. :P

So my trainer was horrified to learn yesterday that I only take in between 800-1000 cals. She doesn't know about my VSG (it's group training I didn't feel like group sharing) but she pinpointed the low cals as the reason I am always dragging ass exhausted. Same goes for a friend of mine who is a former body builder, she said I can't expect to have much energy on an "anorexic's caloric intake".

So how much should a 168 pound 5'3" moderately active woman take in in order to drop 40 pounds in, say, 3 months?

This application is pretty cool... it was very close to how much I lost so far. It shows how much you should eat to lose whaterver you want an how much time it will take, check it out...

http://bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov/

UPDATE

Even though this application did estimate how much I would lose in the time I did (within 6-7 pounds)... really I ate much less to get there than they suggested. This seems to be the case for many here.

Hey all... hope you are all well...

M2G... Oh I've missed you... glad things are settling down in work and that you are working out... how do you fit it all in!! Manic days for you my lovely.

GT... I still feel your frustration... how is the cardio going? What are you trying? Perhaps things will move a little... I am hoping they will!

Kris I am loving the sound of that DVD... sounds like a good routine!

Lynda, getting veggies in, I feel, I really important to overall health and I always get some in per day.

So me, funny sorta time here across the pond...

On an up note, we had World Book Day celebration on Thursday and we had the chance to dress as a character from a book... I chose Pippi Longstocking this year- adorned with a ginger wig! - and it was really fun... the kids loved it. I got a few funny looks form the neighbours and peeps as I drove to work mind!!

As for the rest of the time well I am really getting frustrated now. Now movement and at the top of my bounce range (which seems to be getting bigger but I know it is Water as I am feeling really bloated some days).

I am starting to feel a little blue. I think it is a combination of a lot of things. We still haven't had Jack's funeral (the pupil that died suddenly) and although we now have a date, the atmosphere in work is still very enmotional. Just Thursday I had a burly lad break down in tears and Friday at our St David's day celebration there were a lot of the older pupils upset and emotional as one of our musicians had composed a 'tune' (sorry Meg, I don't know the proper word) for him and played it at the end. Just heart breaking and I am still struggling to get my head around it all.

On top of that I am just feeling really down... I think that this stall has something to do with it and I also think my hormones are giving me hell too (got another visit from aunt flo that is 13 days between this and the last)... suffering with a lot of headaches. I go back to the menopause clinic in just over a week and I will definately ask there...

I am trying to stay positive and keep upbeat, but I have to say that it is definately hard work at the moment. I seem to be swinging from mood to mood... putting a brave face on in work and in public but then coming home and going into a 'zone' where I just feel down.

I am hopinh that this will soon pass... perhaps I just need a holiday!!

Sorry to sound all doom and gloom ...

Coops,

Sorry I didn't see this for a few days. I find being outdoors helps me the most when I am down, even if the weather is bad. I also like organizing a drawer or shelf, but I'm a little compulsive that way. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sending loving thoughts your way,

Lynda

My Mac wouldn't let me download that simulator so I found one on a makeover website and I didn't look any different!

Hello all, thought I would pop a quick update...

I am starting to feel a lil better, just gotta get through the next few weeks and I think work will be less stressful, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel, albeit a dim one!.

I am back to the lowest of my bounce range at 165 and I did see 164 today, but I won't change my ticker until it has stayed there or 'til the weekend, which is my offical weigh day... I am glad to see it go down a lil and I am sure this helps my mood too!!

Went to see the menopause doc and she was really supportive. She said that she thinks I am doing really well considering all the stress that I am under at the moment and told me not to worry about my weight... It will come off! I told her I was logging and she was a little freaked out by that and suggested that I didn't do this, but to just eat to survive and exercise; which is, in essence what I am doing...lol! Still it was nice to hear that she thinks I am doing well. I have more HRT Patches and she wants me to continue on them, so I will. I have to go back in 3 mths just to make sure that all is well. Oh and she weighed me there... according to their scales I have lost nearly 10kgs which is 22lbs and that is in nearly a year. I looked a little disappointed but she was delighted! Just shows how different our perception of good weight loss actually is!

I hope everyone else is ok... love reading the different post here and they really help me stay focused and keep my eye on the prize! For all of us who are struggling along... we just gotta keep going; keep doing what we are doing!!

This application is pretty cool... it was very close to how much I lost so far. It shows how much you should eat to lose whaterver you want an how much time it will take, check it out...

http://bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov/

Thanks for this ... I just had a look and it says I should be eating around 1500 cals a day to get to my ultimate goal ( minus of 26lbs) in just over three months.

I am eating between 1000 and 1200 cals a day... not sure if I should add more??? I am ok with the quantity right now, but if this stall doesn't break it might be worth trying for a week or two?

Interesting...

Oh and before I forget, I wonder if I could get the those Quest Protein Bars here in the UK... I did look at the site and some of the flavours sound really good... I'll have to shop around. Which would you guys recommend??

For the Quest bars, the apple pie is amazing - a few seconds in the microwave to let it get warm and chewy, and a squirt of sugar free whipped cream - YUM!!!

Not crazy about the chocolate (and that would usually be my favorite), but the chocolate Peanut Butter was pretty yummy too. They'll let you just order one of a bunch of different flavors to try them out.

Oh and before I forget, I wonder if I could get the those Quest Protein bars here in the UK... I did look at the site and some of the flavours sound really good... I'll have to shop around. Which would you guys recommend??

Oh man, I pay a fortune to have those shipped over to me!! Between shipping and customs, they come to about $4-5 per bar (which is still cheap compared to anything even remotely similar I might find here...but can't find here anyhow LOL). But I don't mind paying it cos they are soooo good. I don't like ANY of the 'new' ones, called "100% Natural" I think? I like ALL the original ones, in the following order of preference LOL...

1. vanilla Almond

2. Peanut Butter Supreme

3. chocolate Brownie

4. Mixed berry Bliss

5. Peanut Butter & Jelly

6. Apple Pie

I could eat more than one a day, but I try to control myself... ;)

Hey Coops, none of the computers I have access to will open that simulator, could you plug in my stats and tell me what it says? 5'3" 167 lbs 30 yrs, and I would like to lose 40 pounds in <3 months.

Hey Coops, none of the computers I have access to will open that simulator, could you plug in my stats and tell me what it says? 5'3" 167 lbs 30 yrs, and I would like to lose 40 pounds in <3 months.

exercise level is high or medium high?

40 pounds in three months is FAST.

5'3" 167 lbs 30 yrs, and I would like to lose 40 pounds in <3 months.

lose at 667 cals a day and maintain at 2033

final fat 29.7 final bmi 23.1

final weight130.6

you would have to starve yourself to lose that fast.

I put your activity at low generally, and high extra activity

like having a desk job then running or going to the gym after work...

in 180 days

1375 lose 2019cal maintain

128 weight 29.2 body fat 22.9 bmi

This program shows how long you diet changes your outcome... so putting in all of your weight loss from the beginning might change the numbers again.

Feed your eye: Could you post the url for the simulator? Thanks

oops... when I said to eat 1500 I would get to goal in 3mths, I miss read the numbers... it is actually 6mths. For just over 3mths it would be just under 1123. So with that in mind, I am doing the right things calorie wise!!