Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Checking in over here, I haven't been keeping up on much going on over here, as I went back to work part-time and suddenly I'm having to schedule my time more effectively. I'm also freaking out because I am used to working out EVERY single day so with my new work schedule, I'm missing out on my workouts, so I am hoping to get a handle on that soon.

I actually lost -6lbs in Jan. and I was SOOOOOO happy! I'm 15 months post-op and have had several months where I didn't show any loss at ALL, so this was huge for me to lose -6lbs in one month! It has been a huge confidence booster to know that just because the "honeymoon is over" doesn't mean that I can't still keep losing.

Like Coops said I'm so happy about this thread because we all "get it" as far as the fact that we are working our arses off to lose and working for each and every pound lost.

So just wanted to pop in over here and say hello...Meg, keep us posted on the breathing issues....that sounds scary! I hope you can the get the testing you need so you can find some answers.

@Globe, trying new things is what always kept me successful. I think you're doing fine, hang in there!!

@Coops, I'm saying I just love to burn calories and sweat my... well I don't wanna say booty because that's the one thing I will never compromise. :wink1:

@Meg, I'm continuing to pray for you! I hope you can find out whats going on and get that stress test. HUGS!!

@Lynda, I know!! I think I'm finally just now feeling good after breaking away from the snacking. I had to stop for this month. I just need to get back into shape.

@M2, congrats on the weight loss!! Wow, that was a great one!!

RE: MnMs... how could anyone mention that right now? I have for some reason started to really like them a lot. I crave them during TOM and any other time I cannot have them around. I don't trust myself around them at all.

So, I tried the kettlebells for the first time ever. It came with a workout DVD and WOWWW!!! It kicked my butt! I was huffing and puffing like crazy. It really does burn some serious calories... and I'm in total love here. I've posted a picture to prove it. Yeahhh!!!

post-17584-13813669002139_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813658168106_thumb.jpg

Hey Swizzly and Meg,

The out of breath thing sounds horrible? Hope you are both ok... please let me know if you find out what is causing it because it would freak me out... thinking of you both! x

Aww, thanks -- so sweet of you. :-) I think Meg has it worse than me, as I'm not short of breath really, I can work out and all, I just have a hard time coughing and it's a very weak cough. Just weird, only happened after surgery also, like Meg's issue has. I'm really thinking of you, Meg, and hoping you find answers and a fix! <3

Aww, thanks -- so sweet of you. :-) I think Meg has it worse than me, as I'm not short of breath really, I can work out and all, I just have a hard time coughing and it's a very weak cough. Just weird, only happened after surgery also, like Meg's issue has. I'm really thinking of you, Meg, and hoping you find answers and a fix! <3

Swizzly...sorry I missed this (re your cough) I'm wondering if there is a correlation? I know that our lungs can be compromised during surgery, but you are almost a year post-op so that is a bit troubling. Thinking of you, hoping that it clears up soon!

Coops: Your newer profile pic is fabulous! Looks like those last 13 lbs. will have to come out of your foot :-)

On the weight front, I'm really struggling with the snacking. I think it is the first week I will have to post a gain since the surgery, but maybe the scale will be kind to me tomorrow a.m. Ugh. Snacking go away!

Lynda

Hey Lynda,

thank you, but I think the camera is being kind... I tried to post a pic on here, there is also one of a side profile where you can see those pesky pounds... I have a definate apple shape now! But your comment did make me smile... I am soooo hard on myself, I would never say things to friends that I do to me... if that makes sense... I am with you on the snacking front. It is really cold here and being cold just makes me want to graze. I am trying to control it but I ain't perfect. On the upside, apparently being cold you burn more cals...lol!! x

Thanks--- I really only get it when I work hard physically, so most of the time, it's not a problem. I will definitely keep everyone posted as to what we discover. It's frustrating but I'm sure we'll get it figured out. :-)

Coops, Photos put 10 pounds on you!

Also, here is something out of the blue... When I was at my one year mark, I decided to measure myself, which I did. But then I took the measuring tape and held it at the high mark on all the points I measure myself just to see how it looked... it was pretty impressive. Im thinking, if you do that too, you will be able to see in a new way how much you have really taken off of the "apple" over the past year+.

Ok, so a lil update... weigh day is today and I am still at 166lb... that is ok! Better than 170lb at the beginning of the year, still striving for my lowest of 164 and below.

On the down side I didn't make my date with the swimming pool... we have had freezing temps here and Fri I came home early from work feelimg like shite so I decided to go to bed! I stayed there all afternoon and in the evening, well I didn't fancy going out when it was -6! This doesn't mean that I won't go, believe me I will... just when it gets a tad warmer! I'm ok to wait now that my head has stopped spinning about it all!

I'm staying on track with the cals; between 800 and1200 on any given day, so that is all good. My carbs are anything between 40-80 and I am happy with that. I still focus on Protein first and 3 meals a day, a Protein snack if cals are too low. I am still finding this pretty easy, I think it is just a 'good habit' at this stage of the game for me.

I am still feeling positive and focused on getting my surgeon's goal. WHEN I get there, I am really gonna have to re-think my personal goal of 13? But I will know when I am there, I think my clothes will help me and I might just do lil chunks of 7lbs at a time to see what happens. After all, I have all year don't I??!!

Oh, and I wore my skinny jeans in public today...lol... didn't have any strange looks, so that helped the 'head space'! I am gonna wear them to work on Thursday, we have a training day, so casual clothes and no kids... see if I get any comments then!

We have some snow here at the moment, so that has pretty much buggered up my plans for long walks over the weekend, which I have been doing over the last couple of week and enjoying them. never mind!

Lets hope to see the scale move soon eh? x

Thanks--- I really only get it when I work hard physically, so most of the time, it's not a problem. I will definitely keep everyone posted as to what we discover. It's frustrating but I'm sure we'll get it figured out. :-)

Hope you are ok Meg... I've just noticed that you are just a pound away from goal... please make it soon as I can't wait to read your 'I've made goal' post!!! =]

Hi ladies, a quick update from me.

@ Coops, I do agree with all the ladies who say you look fabulous in those skinnies! I cannot wait for the day when I can wear skinny jeans!

@Diva, that's awesome about the kettleballs! Are you sore today!?

@Meg, do keep us posted about the breathing. That sounds so frustrating. I'm really proud of you that you lost all that weight even *with* such an issue. Amazing!

@ everyone: I've been tracking my food better this week, and I realized that my real culprit is that I am getting in too many calories via snacking. I use fitday to track my calories, but I find that I don't track really well via that app because if you try to add anything that's not super simple, you have to find all the ingredients for it, tally up the recipe, etc. It's really time-consuming, and I find that I don't track as well as I could using this tool becuase I basically start avoiding the hassle--so I was wondering, how do you ladies track? I used to do weight watchers points on paper pretty religiously--I wonder if there's something that simple I could do again? Any suggestions?

I use a white board on the fridge door to track Water, Protein and calories. If it's complicated, I take a stab at it. Most things I eat at home or on plan are pretty simple to tally.

For things like storebought cake, Cookies, donuts, etc. I use 300 for a small serving. drinks are hard to tell too. I like the Mai Tais and Agave Margaritas at PF Changs. I enter them at 300 too.

Lynda

@ Coops. Skinny jeans are awesome, especially with some boots! Rock those Skinny Jeans and can you post a pic? Would love to see the new you. ;)

@ Coops. Skinny jeans are awesome, especially with some boots! Rock those Skinny Jeans and can you post a pic? Would love to see the new you. :wink1:

Hey Dorrie... My new avatar has the said jeans in...lol... I did try to attatch one to this thread but I can't see am option to do it... any ideas? Mine are green and I wore them with red Converse... yea, I know... way tooooo cooool!! LOL! I'm thinking of getting a red pair of skinnys now too ...lol!

@ everyone: I've been tracking my food better this week, and I realized that my real culprit is that I am getting in too many calories via snacking. I use fitday to track my calories, but I find that I don't track really well via that app because if you try to add anything that's not super simple, you have to find all the ingredients for it, tally up the recipe, etc. It's really time-consuming, and I find that I don't track as well as I could using this tool becuase I basically start avoiding the hassle--so I was wondering, how do you ladies track? I used to do weight watchers points on paper pretty religiously--I wonder if there's something that simple I could do again? Any suggestions?

I use myfitnesspal. I haven't come across a food that isn't on there! And there is a bar code scanner too. I find it pretty user friendly! I weigh everything on my plate too ... I find it a good way to keep control over portion sizes. My max is 8oz, depending on what meat/fish it is!

Otherwise Lynda's idea is pretty good... Let us know what you find the best. x

@coops: humm maybe you can download it onto your signature line? I'm really not sure, but if you find a way, please let me know. ;)