Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i threw up cottage cheese

geeze louise..... ( i don't know a louise) this is my first pre op day.... I can';t eat this stuff.. I just can't :guess ,but I ate the biggest container of yogurt is that okay? please tell me or am I supposed to have small amounts?? I am soo hungry? Also am I allowed pepsi now before the surgery???? diet i mean.

Thanks Canucks!:clap2:

What were your doctors orders?? Are you supposed to be on liquids the first few days/weeks? Most US docs say full liquids, then mushies. Do you mean pre-op (before surgery) or post-op (after surgery)??

Kim, Ya, I think you should call TLBC tommorow and get them to be very specific for you. You should know exactly what to eat and drink. I don't no about diet pop, but I know Yoda didn't like cottage cheese either and she just ate yogurt. I can't help you, I was on opti-fast shakes for 3 weeks for Dr. Cobourn. Different Dr. different diet, that's why you should call them personally and find out.:huggie:

Yes, call them if you are unsure, Kim. I'd recommend staying away from pop (even diet)...just stick to your crystal light. Also, make sure you don't eat it fast...take your time...let it fill you up.

okay nopop, and I wil call nisreen and ask, God I am starved like I said and I ate 3 huge yogurts, I can't handle th ecottage cheese..........3 containers in my fridge, I could ship them to Barrie, or Orillia!

sorry oops docs orders.nevr got them just the paperwork from TBLC, and it says yogurt and cottage cheese 15 days pre op then clear Fluid 1 week aftre band, then ful fluid one week aftre that and lastly 2 weeks pureed

Try blending it half and half in a blender with the yogurt until really smooth and then freezing it, really, give it a shot. Okay, confession time, I sneak into the bodybuilding forums and read, and those guys are obsessed with cottage cheese, as it's near thing to a perfect Protein, and they eat tonnes of the low fat stuff. So here's a link to threads they have discussing how to make it palatable for people who don't like it. A lot of these you can't use because of the things they add to it, but some, like adding cinnamon and splenda, you could try, so read through and maybe you'll get some ideas.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=673868

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=9484921&postcount=10

You could ask your surgeons office if some of the things they add to it, like sugar free Jello, would be okay for you to add to it too. Might as well play with the stuff and find out, since you've already bought it! :)

XO

Leila

geeze louise..... ( i don't know a louise) this is my first pre op day.... I can';t eat this stuff.. I just can't :guess ,but I ate the biggest container of yogurt is that okay? please tell me or am I supposed to have small amounts?? I am soo hungry? Also am I allowed pepsi now before the surgery???? diet i mean.

Thanks Canucks!:clap2:

just as I was going to take back the cottage cheese, ( i kept the bill) you convince me of keeping at it. Okay okay, I am convinced.seriously chicken breast??YAHOO seriously?? did you do it? i don't want to be the only one to screw up.

yes i work in a factory and i thought i needed something more solid to tie me over for the 8 hrs. my husband and i were in for consulation with nisreen when a lady on the phone was in a panic about starving so she advise her she could have a chicken breast. 1 breast a day if need be .i had a small one everyday with yogurt too. i lost 17 lbs so not to bad.

ConnieA0278 user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_171165", true);

On My Way To Goal 1 = 250

im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif

liquid Diet

OK I am gonna need alot of help. Starting on tuesday i have to start a liquid diet to shrink my liver before surgery. Please help me keep on track.

Starting Tuesday i will be having..........

Breakfast

Slim Fast optima

Protein bar

Snack

Slim Fast Optima

lunch

Soup broth

Protein Bar

Snack

Slim Fast Optima

dinner

Soup Broth

Snack

Slim Fast Optima

I Was also told that if i have to have somthing else i can have salad w/ no dressing, Steamed fish, and Steamed Veggies, but i am suposed to try not to eat that stuff. I have to do this for 2 week then surgery is on the 8TH of March.:clap2: :clap2: I also need to Dring 8 cups of Water or non calorie drinks a day.

This was Connie's pre op, shrink the liver diet.

Here is the like to that thread and you can see how she broke the food up over the course of a day, Breakfast, lunch and dinner.< /p>

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=11788&page=18

Be careful tho Kim...do what TLBC tells you...NOT what other ppl's docs told THEM.

I agree with Loriely...TLBC also told me I could have chicken breast (nothing on it other than spices)...for the first week of my 2 week pre-op diet.

Check with Nisrine.

You are right Yoda, those are just ideas that will still keep the liver down. Check with your doctor first Kim and good luck. Does anyone know the way back to MD. I don't have a passport.....

hi there folks.Okay i called tlbc today and nisreen was buys so I spoke with carol.....lots of answers excpet the chicken one. Anyway I bought yogurt....12 of them since they were on for 1.88 which is good. So I just ate cottage cheese, ,it is still in there and not churning my guts yet. Hell ya, then I went to chapters after watching oprah looking for a sex book,, i have to make up for lost time when i get this done! So so far no chicken breast and I am taking this day by day, God I am so sorry Ifeel like I am whining my way through this . and yes carol says I can have diet pepsi. Funny thing is when I came on here ages ago, my relationship was in the crapper and after three days of fighting, pretty much I wanted to know if he's in it or not , cuz i have spent the last year and a half focsued on him, that now it is my turn and I am focusing on me! So somethings changed cuz I have now had sex three times and the last time was ...um who knows and we seem to be okay so I can't explain it,,, umm i guess this should be in the adult content lol god i am hungry ,,,,,,,!!!