Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

starting my 2nd week with the band

Hi All,

I am going in to my 2nd week and the liquid diet is getting old quick. I just have to get through 6 more days of this then I can move on to mushies. I have to tell you I am dreaming of apple sauce and scrambled eggs.

I can honestly say that I am sick of being on a liquid diet, but it will be worth it in the long run. Right?

Imagine - it will definitely be worth it! Your stomach is healing and your band is getting good and settled in for the long ride to skinnyville! Those liquids are helping to make sure that your stomach and band have some time for good scar tissue forming. The scar tissue is going to help hold the band in place.. I know it can be difficult, but you'll soon move on to the mushies and you will feell great! Hang in there, you can do it!

It is worth it! It is so important that you follow the doctor's instructions, and make sure the band is healed properly and fully. Think of the big picture, and take the opportunity to prove to yourself that you CAN DO THIS! It will be the single best thing you ever prove to yourself!

You will be amazed a year from now what you have accomplished!

Good luck! Cindy

Imagine--

You can do it!!! IT is SO WORTH IT!!!! YOU'RE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Just keep reminding yourself this is a marathon....not a sprint!!!! IT's all about you!!!! Taking care of you!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -70lbs :)

I too am on a liquid diet. I was just happy to get off of the clears. I was banded on july 21st in Mexico. It went well! Banded on a friday back to work monday. I was a little dissapointed when i weighed myself last night. ive lost a total of 5 lbs. Then I really had to think about it. IT WAS LESS THAN A WEEK AGO LOL. Anyways just a few more days of soup! we can do it!

Thanks for posting and showing your progess. I am new to this site and hoping to be banded August 2nd, am very nervous, my starting weight is the same as yours, I'm 37 so close to same age and just nice to see your progress. So many different opinions of this, so hard to decide what is best. Just ready to get the surgery part over with and working with it to lose the weight. YEAH!!!!!! How was the surgery and recovery for you?

Im not going to lie it wasnt a walk in the park but hey what is. I was very sore the first few days afterwards but i would describe it as discomfort more than painfull. You will do fine! Good luck!!!!

Hi everyone

I am having surgery on the 17th of aug and am so excited. I have been watching your progress and cannot wait to report good news. I am very nervous but look forward to running, crossing my legs and wearing jeans again. Not to mention keep up with my kids. Any advise? I have to do liquids for 10 days and then clears for 2 weeks. Everyone seems to have a different protocol....

Anyway thanks for listening

Natashiki, be sure to post in the Introductions thread...you'll get more responses that are tailored to you!

You are right that different doctors use different protocols...we just always advise people to follow what their doctor finds works the best, because your doctor knows you and your situation, and everyone is different.

I'm glad you are excited! It is a big, exciting time...keep posting here, and you'll find lots of great support!

Cindy

NatesMommy

lots of waiting .... there were 7 of us getting banded on the same day. Dr. Kuri had his "meeting with us" and only 5 were there on time... he was not happy! and those that missed the meeting were "bumped" to the end of the line. I had my surgery 3rd!

I've been lucky in that I've lost 14lbs so far. sleep the first week was miserable. But things are getting better. I've started walking and hate that terribly but know it'll get better.

didn't they move you from the 3rd floor to the second floor?

we checked into rooms on the 3rd floor the night of the 21st and post op they put us in rooms on the 2nd.

overall I was pleased with the facility, staff, and didn't the staff remind you of some actors from the show telemundo or something ??? all good looking people

how's your experience go? are you feeling good?

now that I think about it your right we did move. I was pretty out of it and forgot about that! I went first, i think because I was the first one there. Me and my mom drove down there becuase I live in So Cal. Dr Kuri didnt have his afternoon meeting with us till almost 9 so everyone was there by then. I am feeling pretty good. I was back to work that monday. The last time check i was down about 10 lbs but i promised myself i wouldnt check again till friday.