Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Un Fricking Belivable Mr Bigglesworth

Un FRICKING believeable!!

Wow you guys are amazing and sooooooo supportive, Ya know what ? i ate last night, the night before my cottage cheese /yogurt smorgasborg begins and I planned to eat boatloads, but I couldnt. I mean, I ate as much perhaps as two people but what the hey, it was good for me. Okay so I took your advice. I bought another csale. it didn't read TILT this time. So here goes I am 5'9 " and I now eigh 320 lbs...THERE I SAID IT and ya knwo what I have NEVER told anyone that. no one, I even refuse to get weighed by the skinny little nurse at the docs office. Just being able to tel someone that is huge for me.

I took my measuremnts,,and the frigging tape wasn;t big enough for my hips...lol but aren't I in proportion when my hips are 12 inches more than

my bust? Problem is my wast is only two inches smaller than my boobs.

So here it begins i guess , now this is a stupid question but I was never told by the TBLC folks gow much cottage cheesesand yogurt I am supposed to eat??????? I mean a 1/3 cup is 130 calories , isn't that stupid? i could eat a small chocolate for that amount:heh: . ( I won't) So I bought loads of crystal light too and it begin. I am stil brain dead re thre ticker thing and a very nice person sent me the instructions and everything, sooountil I fugure it out, I will just write it.

So thankyou, Wow normally best friends take forever to get to know etc,,but you guys have been such a safe place for me and I am grateful. Luv ya...lol and we haven't even had sex:omg: !!! Joking, I like men too much.

Congrats on beginning. They say the first step is the hardest. For me personally, it's EVERY step after that first one but, hey. LOL It sounds like you're in a better metal state today too - that's really good news.

Seriously, you're doing the right thing - and even though it's tough, you'll succeed.

I think you should call your doctor's office and ask them how many calories you should be aiming for. Then double it. lol Kidding! It's important to find out what they say because cottage cheese can really add up calorie-wise. Find out what they say and try to stick to it. At the moment of your liver retraction, your doctor will appreciate the effort.

About the all cottage chees and yogurt diet - it's better than the all broth and Water diet. Trust me on this one.

Let us know how you're doing.

Donna broth? ??? EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW! you had to do that before your surgery??? yuck! Yep I wil find out, maybe yoda knows since she did the same before her surgery.

Kim...LOL you have to stop posting the same post in more than one thread!!! I responded to in the other thread you put this post.

The pre-op diet isn't so much about calories as it is about the amount of fat.

Sorry Yoda

I am computer brain dead:faint:

does that mean I can't be a jedi knight? and wow those smile thingys that cloe put up with the cheerleaders etc, that was pretty SWEET, hell I could never have been a cheerleader, I couldn't fit into those damn costumes.

I disagree, you have to reduce your calories to reduce your fat. Eat enough sugar calories - zero fat - and you will gain weight. Your body stores those excess calories AS FAT. The theory that your body converts calories consummed as fat faster than other calories is incorrect. Unless I'm mistaken, the fat you eat goes through the same process of digestion and metabolism as other calories. This is an oversimplification but essentially correct.

The point of the pre-op diet is to reduce the fat in your liver. Your body fat plays havoc with this organ and makes it heavy and brittle. When the doctor places the band he must first retract your liver to get to your stomach. If the liver is to big, or too brittle to move, your doctor will stop the surgery and you will wake up without a band - but with several scars and with a smaller bank account - or pissed off insurance that won't spend the money for another surgery if you want to try it again.

Do the diet.

wo you're kiddding em?? if they can't do the dsugery cuz your liver is too big, they wil stil charge you?? no way, people pay to be banded, not told no and come back and pay again.

Yes, I realize all that Donna, and it has already been explained to Kim about the liver etc and what the diet is for.

However, I was responding to her question about the yougurt/cot. cheese versus the chocolate bar having the same amount of calories....so I told her that IN THIS CASE it was about the fat content versus the caloric content. Nothing I said goes against what you said.

I was banded by the same docs as she will be banded by, had the same pre-op requirements and she will have the same post-op requirements. So, I feel confident in discussing with her the things that our pre and post operative care personnel tell us. In no way did I insinuate that calories weren't important....I was responding to her query about chocolate versus the yougurt for the pre-op diet as well as to her query about how much of the cott. cheese/yog. she can have. I am in a position to respond to that specific query, given the fact we share the same docs.

Just wanted to clarify that I did not state otherwise wrt this caloric/fat issue; I'm quite well aware of the scientific processes behind the whole matter.

I disagree, you have to reduce your calories to reduce your fat. Eat enough sugar calories - zero fat - and you will gain weight. Your body stores those excess calories AS FAT. The theory that your body converts calories consummed as fat faster than other calories is incorrect. Unless I'm mistaken, the fat you eat goes through the same process of digestion and metabolism as other calories. This is an oversimplification but essentially correct.

The point of the pre-op diet is to reduce the fat in your liver. Your body fat plays havoc with this organ and makes it heavy and brittle. When the doctor places the band he must first retract your liver to get to your stomach. If the liver is to big, or too brittle to move, your doctor will stop the surgery and you will wake up without a band - but with several scars and with a smaller bank account - or pissed off insurance that won't spend the money for another surgery if you want to try it again.

Do the diet.

wo you're kiddding em?? if they can't do the dsugery cuz your liver is too big, they wil stil charge you?? no way, people pay to be banded, not told no and come back and pay again.

No Kim, that will not happen at TLBC......relax

whew great. Yoda and donna you both know so much more than i do and I appreciate your help. Also Yoda i don't feel like i do know that much I just have the info packet they gave me, nothing else, it doesn't say how much to chew after and says i cannot drink for up to 2 hours after eating and I thought I heard 30 mins, so I am a little confused, I thnk I will write a frigging book after this thing is done. So, not all of us follow the same diet I see, I wonder if the mexico folks can at least have nachos:hungry: ?? ( joking)

I'm just doing the low carb Atkins diet for my preop diet to lose weight. (I'm down 5lbs) but I wonder if I should be going low fat as well based on this conversation.....I was told one week before to just do protien shakes and green lettuce....Are you guys talking about something altogether different?

Do the diet.

>>>>this is what I was told and what scared me into being able to lose 40 pounds in about a month...

(the above statement I mean.. I was self pay and NOT GOING was NOT an option and waking up with no band cuz my liver was too fat was NOT an option)

I was told 40 to 60 pounds pre op loss OR ELSE

and I was told 1 1/2 months before my surgery date..

I slacked for two weeks then I DID IT.. (LOW carb WORKS!)

IF I could find that kind of motivation again.. THAT would be GREAT... although at the time I thought the band was going to be my salvation THUS the motivation... ended up not to be..

but I still have that 41 pounds off, plus more.. ..

But I have never been able to 'diet' since to help myself lose weight

I have been stalled for months on end.. loosing and gaining the same 20 pounds over and over.

grrrr

wow nykee you were 415 and now 325, holy smokes congrats,I mean really CONGRATulations to YOU!!!!! I amimpressed, Now the same 20 pounds, is just cuz your body has to adapt? Then it does and you go from there> you finding the eating hard? are you hungry?