Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can Not Stop Eating

My surgery is in 10 days and I am craving a chocolate milk shake like nobody's business! The more I think about it, the more I HAVE to have one. I haven't succumbed yet, but I don't have enough confidence in myself to say that I won't do it.

Everybody goes through this, it is completely normal. It is all a part of your "food funeral" and it is so interesting to hear what everyone else's cravings were before surgery. Everybody's is different. But eventually you will come to terms with it and the closer you get to your surgery date the more real it will become and you will do fine.

I've made it through the day..it was the toughest by far. I cooked a feast and several Desserts but passed up every bit of it. I'm really proud of myself.

I've made it through the day..it was the toughest by far. I cooked a feast and several Desserts but passed up every bit of it. I'm really proud of myself.

hey peacequeen - you deserve a big "way to go" it must be so hard to cook for your family, make goodies and all that stuff, to basically turn your nose up to it. You're still pre-op, right?

My DH and i don't really Celebrate the holidays. We live in upstate NY, and my daughter and family (3 wonderful grand kids) live in GA now. They moved a couple of months ago due to better promotion opportunities for my son-in-law. Ok my daughter and son-in-law can leave, but did they have to take my grand-kids?ohmy.png

focus.gif

Anyways, sounds like you're a great cook, I don't know how to boil Water as they say. I think when you cook, you help with your eating plan w/the sleeve.

Give yourself a big "at a boy" - hope you can relax a bit, take a deep breath and do it again tomorrowrolleyes.gif

Glad you're day has come to an end, hopefully you can rest, hope santa was nice to you and yours - kathynod.gif

kathy

Thanks, Kathy! Santa was VERY good to me. I got gift cards to my fav stores so when I'm ready, I can go shop for new clothes.

Yes, I'm pre op,,I do clears tomorrow and surgery on Tuesday...woooo hoooo!!! I think that was the motivation that kept me from eating my apple pie, blackberry cobbler and pumpkin roll filled with sweet cream cheese filling..bout killed me but YES! I made it..lol Sweets are very hard for me to turn away from but not today.

Grandkids..they are a blessing. I have 4 and each one is so very special to me. I know that must be so hard for you :(

Just remember......any weight you gain now you will just have to take off later. A year from now when you are struggling mightily to get off that last 20 lbs.....you might regret all this eating.

Also.....many doctors WILL not do surgery on someone who gained weight during the pre op process. It does not show a change in the mental state needed for success after surgery.

I'm having surgery on the 29th, but was only scheduled a week ago. Bought and started using the Protein Powder in milk, but every day caved and have eaten favorite foods. I'm disappointed in myself, and know that beyond the "food funeral" there was some emotional eating at play. I feel scared about post-surgery. I truly do feel ready for this (have been considering/investigating weight loss surgery for a couple of years now), but I know that this is just a tool. And the tool will only be as effective -- and safe -- as the person using it.