Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All, I was banded 8/5/03. Yes..it's been a while for me. I'm a veteran..I live in River Ridge, Louisiana and I'm looking for some local support..which seems almost non-existent since the storm..anyone need a friend?

I've lost 90lbs. total..and overtime. But recently needed to have a complete unfill due to severe anemia and GERDS..I'm gaining quickly again which is SO very upsetting and frustrating. I've returned to my dr. for one re-fill so far and headed back for more on Aug. 11th..though I'm not sure how much I can take as not to cause the same trouble and still lose weight.UGH!

I know I'm OLD in more than one way compared to the lot of you..at 42 and 3 yrs in...I'm certainly not the norm..but, maybe there is still someone here willing to share and help..I'd appreciate knowing you're out there.

I don't check the boards much. But you can email me at JDPFYI@yahoo.com.

Thanks for listening....JoAnn

Hello!

Anemia? Sounds familiar.

Great to hear your story, JoAnn.

I see you have your 3-Year Bandiversary coming up!

I'm an also old school Bandster (who's young at heart in my 30s).

I was in the original FDA study way back 5 yrs ago but my band was faulty & didn't really work (I never had a fill the first time. EVER!).

Believe me I've had complications of course (rarely will you see a long-term veteran without some bumps in the road, as you would understand.)

So I had it replaced last year with new port, new tubing so basically I'm banded for the first time.... I'm pleased to finally see some progress and for the first time

For once I might be within sniffing distance of my doctor's (overly conservative) goal but the closer I get, the harder it's been.

Plus I'd like to get at least 10# below his goal so that puts me at least 16# away from where I need to be.

Well, I've blathered on enough.

Just wanted to say HELLO and let you know you're not alone.

Hi there,

This is so neat, I just turned 42 on July 22 and was banded on July 10th. I would love to have a pal. You can email me at mysherrijo@hotmail.com

anytime you want. It would be fun for me because I have never been to Louisiana but have always wanted to go there and after the storm I volunteered to come there and help but they wouldn't let me because noone could get through at that time.

I've been banded like I said for 2 weeks, and go for my first fill at 5 weeks. I'm looking forward to it but I'm so scared of that pbing that I almost didn't call for my fill but I know I'll have to have it to loose weight. I've lost 21 pounds in the last 3 weeks and still have some restriction. I had lots after surgery but I can tell everyday that it gets less and less.

Email me anytime and I would love to keep in touch.

I live in Kentucky.

Hey all you banding people,

I am waiting to have my op on the 24th August and iam living in Australia, i would love to have some email pals from all over and hear all the stories as iam feeling really depressed around now and i have no one to confide in how iam feeling, no one understands what iam going through so please dont hesitate to email me fsylvester@iprimus.com.au iam 38 yrs old,3 kids please feel free to talk you will get a reply back

Hi There...I was so excited to see you gals reply...thank you...it does get lonely out here. This little journey of having a 'band' can be weird to most people and so I tend to keep quiet about it.

I would love to have an 'email loop' of bandsters if you all are interested? Sorta like what we do here, where everyone listens in, but more private..<since we'd know who's listening> you know? Anyone up for it?

Hi! I'm Karen and my email is kajen1960@netzero.com. I was banded 3/7/05 and have lost 55lbs so far. I have about 30lbs to go. I turned 46 this past 6/28. I would love to hear from you or anyone else out there. Have a great day. Karen

D'oh!

I got so excited, I forgot to include my e-mail.

Band @ AllNewSho.com

(of course get rid of spaces)

See/chat with all of you soon.