Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance Papers For Gastric Sleeve Surgery Are Sent!

Hi I'm new to the board too. My papers were submitted this past Wed. I am overly anxious waiting for a response and incredibly fearful of rejection. I am obsessed with thinking about this surgery and it is actually all I think about. I started the full liquid diet at the end of November to get a head start and to be ready as soon as

the approval comes through. The wait seems

unbearable at times and I'm so sick of thinking about this 24/7 and I don't want to drive my poor husband crazy, but it's a huge decision.

Praying everybody waiting gets a quick approval and has an easy surgery. This too shall pass.

I'm very thankful for all the amazing info and support here. I think I've read every word. So inspired by you all and it feels nice to hear people speak about everything I feel. Very comforting in my very skinny world around me who don't have a clue how it feels.

Welcome!! This is a great place for information and especially support from all the VSG family!

And yes, it's all we think about right more as the waiting game goes on. I hope it goes by quick! Thanks for the prayers and luck! We all need it! Keep us informed on your progress! We always want to hear great news!

Mine took just under 5 weeks to get approved. I was told that they can take up to 30 business days to make their decision. : (. Alas, it did come! Be patient and stay focused! Good luck to you!

Yeah, the insurance said they have up to 30 days but all I've heard is that it never takes that long. Short yours took so long. :-( but at last you got approved already! So congrats! When is your surgery date? Or did you already have it?

Does anybody know if they deal with these on the weekend at all?

I'm not sure. Knowing them they don't. :-( I wish they did, though!

Oops! My surgery date is Jan. 5th. They were able to schedule it quite quickly, considering the holidays. Good luck to you!

Wow! that was fast! I wonder why some insurance require a 6 month nutrition program & the whole 9 yards - like Cigna (LOL). I will see my surgeon on thursday. I understand that I still will have several additional tests before my surgery next month.

I was so excited to get approved but was unhappy about the month wait for the surgery.

Mel,

Thanks for the welcome. Hang in there your approval is on its way.

Oops! My surgery date is Jan. 5th. They were able to schedule it quite quickly, considering the holidays. Good luck to you!

how are you going to do the diet during the new years???

I expect that it will be difficult, but doable. I am so excited to finally have this opportunity, that I will (mentally) be able to find pleasure in my own little "holiday shake". Eye on the prize, eye on the prize ..... Is my new mantra during difficult times.

My surgery has been scheduled for December 28th. I am so nervous!

OMG!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! That was a quick set up!! I would have thought you would be scheduled for January... YOU'RE GONNA GET SLEEVED!!!!

That's your Christmas present to yourself! smilingface (52).gif