Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help with Family DR.

Hi

I'm 26 years old 5.5 and 270 lbs. Las year my fother died of weight related problems , and that gave a big wake up call. since then i have been dooing mager reserch on weiht loss surgerys. I finaly setteled on Lap Band. becouse It looked like it was less invasive and the recovery time was shorter then most outher surgery. Now I need to talk to my family Dr. Im not shure how to bring up the subject or even what questions to ask. any one got any sigestions?

thanks

Elbell:)

Hi Elbell,

The first step in this process is to have a complete physical and talk to your doctor about your weight. If you have it in your medical record that you have been working on your weight problem, recognize it and have a history of trying to control it you will have a much easier time with the process. This is true whether or not you are trying to have insurance cover it.

I went to my family doctor as my first step and told her I was ready to take serious measures to change my health. She asked the questions, I talked. You just have to take that first step of telling the medical professionals in your life that you are ready to make some significant changes to get healthy.

Weight loss surgery shouldn't be anyone's FIRST attempt to lose weight. You're pretty young, and if you haven't had these discussions with your doctor you may want to try other things first. Let us know how it goes!

Hi All,

Jest wanted to let you know how my Dr.’s Appointment went on Friday. You were rite she asked a Lot of questions and I did most of the talking. She did not know much about this particularly surgery, but was willing to learn more. I gave here a few suggestions on where to find information. She knows my history with the weight problem and was very supportive. She is willing to do the pre op blood test. She was concerned about going to Mexico to have this don. And she suggested I do more research on the surgeon I am going to see. Anyway so far so good, the next step I think is to speak to Dr. Rembaut over the phone on Tuesday and find out more. So if any one out there has any suggestions on what to ask or has any info on this Dr. pleas speak up.

Thanks To All

Ellen

:D :D :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches