Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Believe Things Happen For A Reason?

When we live the way we feel is right and things don't go our way; we get mad and feel sorry for ourselves. Well, I had been planning a really huge secret event ( my sleeve) for Dec. 6, 2011, for six months and at the last minute it fell through. I just couldn't understand why with all the time, effort and money that I had put into this; I just couldn't get it together. I found out today. I got the call this afternoon about an underprivileged family whose house burned in the night and they were in desperate need. The mom was 4x, daughter 18 or XL and dad and son 38x32 XL. We have family members in every size! I went straight to the phone and made some arrangements; then I hit MY stash ( I am an extreme couponer). Now this family will be warm, clothed, clean and fed; in part because I was where God wanted me and not where I wanted to be. Sometimes God gives us talents not only to bless us, but so we can bless others. And sometimes He let's us have disappointment, not to hurt us; but to put us in the path to help others hurting worse. I am learning patience the good old fashioned way..through tribulation; but with each of my own tribulations, I have also been honored to bless another person that was hurting in some special way. The Bible promises that if you so much as give a person a drink of Water, even in the name of a disciple, that you will not lose your reward. I bless every little box and bag of goodies in Jesus' name before they leave my house. I have no ulterior motive. I absolutely love, love, love to give to others; but I figure hey, it can't hurt to pad my blessings piggy bank for a rainy day..hehe. Not just Jesus' name water, but Jesus name toothpaste and Jesus' name soap and Jesus' name washing powders..lol :0D I'm hoping for Mr. Piggy to overflow a little paper blessing in the form of an approval letter really soon. In Jesus name, amen!

I can sure relate to the getting mad and feeling sorry for myself. Scripture says to give thanks in ALL circumstances. It's a lesson I'm continually learning. On my path to being sleeved I learned that my insurance company won't approve the sleeve if my BMI is under 50 UNLESS there are certain other conditions. Well guess what, one of the conditions is crohn's disease. I was diagnosed with crohns 15 years ago and I NEVER would have thought that I would ever say thank you God for crohns. You're right, I do believe that things happen for a reason and what a comfort knowing that God is watching over us even in our darkest moments.

Your kindness will be returned. Good luck in your journey and hopefully you will be sleeved soon. It is worth the wait but that doesn't make the wait any easier.

Oh, yes, I definitely believe things happen for a reason! Bless you for being able to help this family! I'm sorry that your surgery was postponed, but happy you were able to do something so nice for someone else. You have an awesome attitude and, hopefully, your approval will be just around the corner!! :)

Awesome post. You are so right, everthing happens for a reason!

Great story Benisa - you're so kind to help that family in their time of need. I hope you will get your surgery soon, but as I always say - on HIS time. :)

Blessings!!

Beautiful story! I pray that not only will you receive your approval soon, but that your surgery is successful and your recovery easy.

Blessings!

Bridget

An amazing story!!! God bless you!

WOW!!!..Such a blessing... and an ON TIME message!!!

amazing story! you have great things headed your way! keep your faith and keep praying!