Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Was Your Longest Stall?

Hi everyone,

ive been on a long stall for about 6 weeks now, maybe longer. And logically i know it will pass. But i was just wondering how long was your longest stall? And when your stall broke, did your weight loss go back to losing a few lbs a week? or did it remain minimal. I thought my stall broke when i lost 3lbs but then have only been up and down a few oz since. Can you please share with me ( and all of us reading ) your experience? I need some encouragement. I know everyone goes thru this, but it helps to hear what others have been thru. Thanks so much!

My longest stall was probably about 2 weeks. I admit I was losing pretty steadily the whole way through. I wasn't perfect, but when it was time for me to get back to basics I did that. No way was I going to not get to goal.

However everyone is different! I've read some folks who are doing all the right things just tend to stall out for a long time, being 3 weeks or more. I'm not really sure the cause of this. I hope someone who's experienced this will chime in with some suggestions.

For me, the only suggestions I have are pretty simple, stay away from sugar, sodium and get lots of Water. LOTS!! I drink a gallon a day. Also, doing some kind of workout routine will really help to boost the metabolism. I workout an hour every morning before work... I feel its no different than brushing my teeth. I certainly wouldn't leave the house without doing that.

If you have to, do basic basics. Eat only Proteins and green veggies for a few days. I don't suggest doing this for more than 5 days. I'm huge believer in eating some form of carbohydrates, especially if you are working out.

Good luck!

PS, this is my opinion only. This is how I got to goal - if it doesn't help you perhaps it can help someone else who is reading this thread.

thank you Diva! WOw really only 2 weeks? :( lucky you!! but maybe i should go back to basics and reboot my sleeve :) Thank you !

I'd been stuck since October, so have gone back to liquids only for a bit, stall broke, and I actually felt kind of cleansed after 48 hours too, so positive all round! I want goal by christmas so I'm happy to go all liquid for a couple of weeks if it'll keep it moving!

Good luck!

C

6 weeks. I just kept on plan, and rode it out. I am losing slowly (2-3pounds a month) but I don't have far to go (9lbs) I have had several shorter stalls... between 2-4 weeks... my stalls are not flatline, but up and down the same 3 pounds for weeks. Here is a graph of my daily weigh ins for about the last 5 1/2 months... you can see a few stalls here...

sorry, having trouble with upload....Here is an old one showing a stall,,,,

post-3718-13813656549132_thumb.jpg

I had one that last approximately six weeks. What finally broke it for me was doing the five-day pouch test. You can find it here:

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

I have actually gone back and done this a few times when I am getting way off track and need to get back on again. It always works well for me.

Also, during this "stall", make sure you are taking your measurements. While you may not be showing a loss on the scale, you may still be losing inches.

Mine usually run 4-6 weeks.

I have had a stall for the last four months. I only lose when its that time of the month. I lose 5 lbs a month but all in the same week which is crazy. I can actually time it when the scale starts moving.

I have had a stall for the last four months. I only lose when its that time of the month. I lose 5 lbs a month but all in the same week which is crazy. I can actually time it when the scale starts moving.

I have the same thing happening for me. I will not lose all month and then my TOM will come and I will drop anywhere between 5-10 pounds in that week after it. The longest stall that I have had was 3 weeks. I hate those stalls! I do agree that you need to keep measuring while in a stall because you may be gaining muscle and losing fat...while a pound of fat takes up a whole lot more room then a pound of muscle, so if you are exchanging the muscle for fat then it makes sence that you would not lose weight, but you will lose inches. I so want to get one of those scales that measures your muscle vs fat weight. I wonder how much they cost? anybody have one?

I would love to have one of those scales as well. I promised myself after the holidays I am going to invest in one.

wow you guys are awesome. Thanks for all the information! And thank you feedyoureye. Your chart is great! thank you. i think i will need to show me how to make a chart like that!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!

I am planning to do the pouch test. Hope that would jump start my sleeve again. thanks everyone!

After my first stall starting at 2 1/2 weeks, I started losing pretty fast. After others... well, you can see on the graph...I will try to load the last 5 months graph again.....

post-3718-1381365792132_thumb.jpg