Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is Sugar Doing To Me?

Ok...so I think I've been doing wrong because I have a sour stomach when drinking and eating. Is it because I'm drinking regular gatorade? I haven't been text book on avoiding sugar...ie...yogurt, and Jello. Is this my problem? I had a low bmi so I thought my doctor ordered no sugar because of that just being the standard and not wanting to dwarf my weight loss. But most certainly I don't want to do anything to harm myself. I'm in my 2nd week. What is sugar doing to me?!

I'm not sure exactly what it might be, but I'd say it's most likely the yogurt. Lots of us sleevers will get lactose intolerance post op. I did! Though not so much with yogurt, but milk made me sick really bad. Also, it could be the sugar too. If I have more than 15g per sitting, I get sick as well.

Sorry you're not feeling well. I suggest trial and error, take a list of everything you're eating. Space out the sugar and the dairies and write down how each makes you feel. You'll find your culprit eventually.

Thanks lilmissdiva,

Girl...my mom had bypass years ago and I told her about what was going and she told me to stay away from the sugar and that's why my stomach is annoyed. I've only had about an ounce of yogurt since the surgery so I'm not quite sure it's that. But you have a great idea to space it out and flush out the culprit.

Thanks for responding!

I too have had trouble with sugar or products with sugar in them since the surgery. If I eat anything with a higher amount of sugar I feel quite ill.

I just t ry avoid the foods. Thankfully they are ones I should be avoiding too.

I havent had too much with sugar except the RTD Protein Drinks. Havent been a problem but I am wondering too if I maybe am developing this lactose intolerance post op- Yogurt doesnt bother me, string chese and cottage cheese don't bother me but if I make a Protein Drink with my 1% Milk ewe.. a bit gurgly afterwards... I am already on PPI twice day and it isnt "acid"... weird i tell ya... 1 of the things we cannot plan for - for sure...

In the first 8 weeks any yogurt or milk product made me feel sick. Not uncommon. It's better now. Trial and error!

(null)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches