Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whodda thunk? Kidney Cyst

Most just sharing as it's interesting I guess, and also finding out if anyone has any experience with this kind of thing.

For the last year or so, I've been struggling with upper right quadrant pain. All this time I thought it was my gall bladder, but the first ultrasound last year came back perfectly clean. The pain didn't get any worse so I kind of delt with it a while. A little over a month ago the pain hit really hard, out of no where, so I went to the urgent care, and they took some blood and basically said "go to the ER if it gets worse". The bloodwork they did came back perfect with the minor acception of slight anemia, which is new, but not a big deal. So I had another ultrasound and again my gall bladder was perfect, but this time they found a cyst on my right kidney, right where the pain is. I don't remember what she said in cm for size, but she said it was about the size of a small apricot.

It sounds wierd, but I was so happy for her to tell me that. I was so worried they were going to find nothing again and that I was going to have to get aggressive with the idea that something was wrong and my doctor needed to find it. I'm also glad that in the grand scheme of things, it's really a minor thing, even if it needs to be removed.

Anyhow, anyone ever dealt with one of these before?

is it on your kidney or your adreanal gland whilch happens to be attached to your kidney?

But it sounds painful (((((hugs))))) I understand what you mean about being relieved that they found *something.*

According to my doctor it is my Kidney, but I go to the urologist on Tuesday so I assume he'll be able to tell more.

Fortunately right now it's not bothering me too much. Just the bladder infection that I came down with on Sunday, lol. My Kidney was sore from the back last night from that, but cranberry, Vitamin C and Water seem to be flushing it out nicely, :confused:.

It would be very interesting to find out that it was on my adrenal gland though. I've been at a standstill again for a while with my weight loss, and I honestly think that it's a mental block. I know I can lose on 1300 calories, but I just can't make myself count them. Hopefully my councelor can help me with that part, lol.

i have a cyst on my right kidney also, when i went to the urologist(sp) he said it wasnt big enough. so i dont worry about it anymore but i do have back pain in my kidney area every once in a while which is why i went to the doc in the first place he didnt seem to care much about that.........but i still do:phanvan

That sounds soo painful. I'm glad that they know what's wrong. I hope you feel better real soon!!

I have a cyst on my right kidney and it was found when they did the sonogram the day before they took my gallbladder out. Cysts are graded as 1,II, III, or IV. Grade one are benign. Grade II (the one I have) is also benign and the treatment is usually a yearly sonogram unless you become symptomatic. Grade III are usually treated surgically as they are considered pre-cancerous and grade IV are cancerous.

The nephrologist told me that MANY people have renal cysts and don't even know it. I hope all goes well with your visit.