Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Help & Support - Fallen Off The Wagon, & Need To Get Back On

I was sleeved in May of 2010. It has been one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself. Unfortunately, I haven't lost any weight in 11 months, and I still have 40+ to go, and I have gained back 8 pounds this past month. For some crazy reason, I can't seem to get back on track. Not only that, but I can't remember what the track is! Is there anyone out there that can give me a little boost on where to start? I also need ideas for meals, etc. I am interested in having someone to talk to about this. I feel alone, and i know I shouldn't. Thanks for being here!

I have been sleeved for 10 weeks, so I havn't experienced what your going through. I would say go back to the beginning, eat your Protein first, keep a food diary, whatever some of the things you were doing to lose the 58 pounds in the first place. That is a big accomplishment!!

I'm curious, do you still feel restriction? I'm worried that I could do the same thing, cause I like chocolate and chips, I don't eat a lot of these types of things but a little bit pretty much everyday.

Holli, its like riding a bike! Get back on and ride. Get all your Water in, record every morsel that goes in your mouth, and start working out! You can do this!!!! :-)

I am early on in my journey as well but I would say that you havee to look inside and remember what made you want to lose the weight in the first place. Why did you choose to have surgery and remembering how good you felt when you started seeing results in the mirror and on the scale will help snap you back to reality.

What some of us lose track of is that we are human. We are prone to failure and more importantly, we are determined to pursue our dreams. You have to realize that your current path is destructive, which you already have. Then you need to resolve to change it. Then you need to take action to change it.

Force yourself to do liquids for a preset amount of time. Put a rubber band on your wrist and snap it hard when you catch yourself cheating. (Or something like this.) Then even if you feel like crap, make yourself exercise for at least 30 mins a day (nothing heavy, just walk or something). Get back into a routine. Clean out the cabinets and fridge of your trigger foods and stay away from Starbucks and fast food chains. Buy a pair of jeans two sizes smaller and hang them up somewhere where you can see them daily or even a few times a day.

You can do this! You had what it takes to lose 58 lbs, so you have what it takes to lose the rest!!

Shae

I was just wondering if you exercise. I'm too early to really be giving any advice but for me this has been a 2 part process of diet plus exercise. Unfortunately I hate exercising ! LOL...but I find that it has made a major difference in not only my weight loss but how I mentally feel. Since you only have 40 pounds to go I would highly recommend getting a personal trainer. Someone that you really like who can keep your interests and maybe join some group fitness classes like zumba. My brother who lost 250 pounds on this surgery said that you have to keep "deploying" new things or your mind/body becomes stagnant. So I would try doing something totally new and different to shock your body and shake it up.

I wish I had the right words...to be completely honest...I am VERY scared that i will lose my way as well...

I am pretty sure most of us here have lost weight...many times and gained it back...many times...

I'll tell you how I look at it...I look at this opportunity as my last...I hate to say it and really hate to admit it...but thats how I feel...so, I take the journey 1 day at a time, each day presents its own battles, some you win, some you lose, but you fight every day!!

I feel if I stop, even for a day, it will turn to two, and three and so and and then what???? i don't really want to go there, I can't go there...

Find and fight your battle...

I hope the responses you have received resonate with you. I just had surgery 2 weeks ago, so all I will add is that many of us here log our food intake on the website "myfitnesspal.com". It will show you the number of calories you are consuming and things like Protein, carbs etc. Their phone app is very good and easy to use too. Consider doing this.

My daily requirements are a minimum of 71 grams of Protein and 80 ounces of fluids. (Most are a little lower than that). Hopefully someone chimes in to give you an idea of the calories you should be consuming at this stage, if you don't already know. Best of luck! You are here now and that is GREAT!!!!!