Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Stall Right Out Of Gastric Sleeve Surgery, How Did You Lose Yours?

A couple weeks back, I posted about my stall I was going through right after surgery. I had surgery Oct 25th 2011. After I lost the Water weight they had pumped into me, I lost 7 pounds. And 7 pounds was all I lost! The scale wasn't moving. Not even at a month out.

Of course I was discouraged and frustrated! I couldn't understand how I couldn't be losing weight on 400-600 calories a day.

i had even e mailed my surgeon's office and they told me the same things you all have told me here....and in one e mail they told me to up my calories to 1000-1200 a day! Well, I did up them some. I think last night I got in 1100 calories. But I really feel that, that is to much food for me right now.

In any case, I lost 5 pounds since yesterday!! So my stall is over! WOOT WOOT!

It will be interesting to see how this progresses. Will I lose in spurts? Will it be a once a month weight loss??

I'm curious to know how your weight loss happens?? Specially so soon after your surgery??

Is it daily? Weekly? How much, how fast????

After my early stall broke, I quickly developed a pattern. For the past 2 months, I generally lose a pound every other day or so. Sometimes I will stay the same for 3 days and drop 2 pounds, but it seems to average out the same.

I'm only 3 months out right now, so I'm still watching to see if this pattern will continue to hold.

I lose is spurts for sure. I won't see any movement for like 2 or 3 weeks and then I will drop 3-7 lbs in a few days!!! Its hard to not see the scale move for a long time. Its best to weigh like 2 times a month. Its hard to stay off the scale though!!! :boxing_smiley:

Great job on the 5 Lbs!!! Wow!!!

I lost in the stairstep fashion. I would gain about 2 Lbs during my TOM week. The next week I'd lose it but stay the same until the week just before TOM where I'd lose massive amounts. Sometimes even up to 12 to 15 Lbs (when I was much heavier). Before my plastic surgeries I was losing about a pound a week. I'm going to get back to that as soon as I'm healed up.

:) HTH

This certainly gives me hope. I havent lost much weight lately. I have been staying the same, then fluctuating a few pounds up and down all week and then finally dropping a couple pounds and then it starts over. No big drops for me at all. I dropped four pounds last week but gained two of them right back and I am still up there this week with no change. I am hoping to see a big drop by next week but I dont want to get my hopes up. It seems like it will never get going again! I am so impatient! I am trying to up my calories some and see if that helps. I have been averaging in the 600's lately. I guess I need more maybe. I feel like i eat all the time as it is!

I seem to be stepping it down--I stall for about a week--then start loosing and gaining--like loose three gain one, loose one, gain one--for about a week--then the step is lower--(by about 10 pounds than when the week started)--then it starts all over again--I don't know why, but it seems to be working for me!!

I think it is amazing how different we all are and how differently we lose the weight!

It certainly is a roller coaster ride isn't it? I now see why so many of you say to put the scales away!!

But I am so happy that I lost more weight! I was starting to think something must be wrong with me. How can I be eating so little and not lose any weight other than 7 pounds since the surgery! And I am exercising like crazy too. Doing everything they told me to do....

I'm going to be curious how I will lose now....LOLOL

Thanks everyone for posting! I appreciate it!

After my early stall broke, I quickly developed a pattern. For the past 2 months, I generally lose a pound every other day or so. Sometimes I will stay the same for 3 days and drop 2 pounds, but it seems to average out the same.

I'm only 3 months out right now, so I'm still watching to see if this pattern will continue to hold.

Whoa, I hope this happens to me!!