Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to the site and Just banded

Hello

Just banded on July 13th and could'nt be happier. I am currently 10 days out and 18 pounds lighter. I do wonder though why the scale has not moved for the last three days:cry Maybe the instant gratification thing is still swimming in my head.

I was banded in Mexico and being a medical professional myself found that the clinic and the staff were very professional and customer service was #1. I had no problems with the procedure and was acutally up and walking about 30mins post procedure with very little pain. All the anxiety that was present when I booked the surgery has since been reilieved. Dr Ortiz placed a 10cc band and I am looking forward to 1. Acutally being able to put somthing other than liquids in my mouth, and 2. having my first fill done. I am currently feeling very little restriction with the liquid portion of the diet and am wondering if thats normal?:help: According to the clinic I can start on a full diet on day 22. thats exactly ll days 2 hours 45 min and 15 seconds away.

I live in Ormond Beach Fl. on the east coast about an hour from Orlando with my wife and 2 some time wonderfull children. My wife and I are both Registered Nurses and love the Florida Lifestyle. We are both looking forward to a smaller more energenic me.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement I read on the site prior to my surgery and I look forward to being an active member of the site.

Good Night for now

Scott

Welcome to bandland :rolleyes: and welcome to LBT :)

I use to live in Fl, now I live in TX

Congrats!!

Nana~

Hey scott,

WELCOME and CONGRATS!!! I am to be banded in two days!! come join us in the july band crew and get to know other bandsters who were banded in july.

Hey,

I am very exciited for you. This is the best thing I have ever done. good luck with your surgery and keep in touch.

I am on my way to being banded by Dr. Ortiz on Aug. 2. I was wondering how is it being on the liquids for so many weeks? Is it very hard or is it that after the surgery your really not that hungry and you dont feel like eating?

Your insight would be greatly appreciated. Best of luck to you...you seem to be doing really great...I hope that after ten days I can lose that much weight. I have a wedding to go to on Aug 12 and would like to be a little lighter.

Thanks

Lisa