Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday was my nephews first birthday. It was a fantastic party and he was the cutest thing I've ever seen. I just wish I had been in a different frame of mind while being there.

Being pre-op, I hate buying new clothes, nothing is fitting right, and no matter how hard I try to look nice I always hate the end result. It is as if my brain has already had the surgery and is expecting results! I have never felt fatter - and more aware of my size than I am right now. It is a completely miserable experience!

My process is moving along as a nice pace - and I hope to have surgery in January. Why does that seem like light years away?

Yesterday was my nephews first birthday. It was a fantastic party and he was the cutest thing I've ever seen. I just wish I had been in a different frame of mind while being there.

Being pre-op, I hate buying new clothes, nothing is fitting right, and no matter how hard I try to look nice I always hate the end result. It is as if my brain has already had the surgery and is expecting results! I have never felt fatter - and more aware of my size than I am right now. It is a completely miserable experience!

My process is moving along as a nice pace - and I hope to have surgery in January. Why does that seem like light years away?

Girl, you and me both!!! I hope to have my surgery in January also and I'm going through the same thing you are. I honestly thought I was the only one who felt like this. None of my clothes fit and I had to go back to wearing my post baby clothes that i hadn't worn in 3 years!! i hate it!! My friends are always telling me to go out with them and I really don't feel like it anymore because I know I hate the way I look! they understand but I just don't feel comfortable with myself. I have nothing to wear right now and I know that this part of the journey is almost over, but I don't want to feel like this anymore.

and yes, as much as I try to look "pretty", I can't :( I just want it to be January already so that I can have my surgery and it's takine FOREVER!!!!

It's so good to know I'm not alone! I'm here to chat if you ever need to!!

im actually feeling like that too! My husband even tried to take me shopping to cheer me up, but i didnt want to spend money on clothes that wont fit in 2 months. It is probably a normal feeling, our brain has already started on our new life, but time hasnt caught up yet. As soon as i was approved i packed up all my summer clothes and put some of the nicer stuff on ebay (why oh why did i buy a hundred dollar bathing suit that i knew i wasnt going to wear next summer?) hope to make some money for skinny clothes,,,,,,

I had to wait from January (when I was approved) until April (when I had the time off!) to have the surgery--longest four months of my life!!! LOL Seriously. I, too, never felt fatter than right during that time; I was keenly aware of my body and my size and how I was so flipping ready to make a change!!!

Then I tell ya, things started changing and changing fast. :-) Hang in there. You won't really remember all this icky stuff later unless you try to think about it--because things get better with your body so fast. Here's hoping the time flies!

As far as pre-op "blues" I figured i didn't have a corner on this. I was so blue, i unfortunately did the worst thing in the world. I figured I would eat some food i should not have, since i know i couldn't later. I.E. Cookies, and other stuff like that :nonod: Over the past 6 weeks i actually have gained 20 lbs :confused5: Boy is it easy to gain weight. I'm so upset this happened. There's nothing i can do of course now.

My dr. didn't require a 5% weight loss, so i over ate!! After Thanksgiving I'm gonna put myself on a strict liquid diet, maybe to lose 5-10 lbs. So i just wanted to unload. Thanx WLS 12/6/11 kathy :nonod:

It seems alot of us are at the same point. I have bought a couple of new sweaters lately when I have absolutely had to go somewhere and can't get out of it. Friday I met my girlfriends for dinner and thought I was looking "cute" in my new sweater and felt okay about myself. That is until this morning when one of them emailed me a picture from our dinner. :crying: I just filed it away and thought to myself how great it will feel in a few months to use that as a "before" picture. I keep telling myself that I have been overweight and looked this way for about 18 years now. What's another few months? At least now I know I am permanently headed in the right direction. Hang in there. We all have better days ahead.

My surgery is scheduled for January 3, and I am definitely feeling the pre-op blues. It's like as soon as I got scheduled, I became hyperaware of my size. I am glad that I am not alone in this feeling.

Your not alone. Before this pre op journey. I knew I was "fat" lol..but i didnt let it get to me as much. Now that I have been through the cycle of stepping on the scale, I feel, look, and am very very aware that I am fat!!! lol Oh my clothes.. I need a new wardrobe!! I went to church on yesterday and felt tight!lololol I am laughing to keep from crying. I can not believe that I allowed myself to get this big. So no forum sister, you are not alone. We are all feeling the same way. But guess what. Next summer we can post our cute pics and show our inner confidence.

I'm so glad I posted something! I actually thought twice about doing it because I hate to sound like I'm complaining but I'm not alone!!!

I've gained weight over the past few months. food funerals? I'm the director. I need to chill out and realize I will eat everything again - in moderation of course!

I've never looked bigger in pictures....and I hate even looking at them as well!!!!

I had to shop on Saturday for an outfit for a holiday party my work has every year. I got black pants - and the all mighty shirt with the big band at the bottom. I'm not sure I would have survived dressing in the past few years without the invention of the band on shirts - cant wait to be rid of them!!!!!

I scheduled a few more appointments today - and it looks like I won't have surgery until February - but I'm still hoping for January!!

Thanks for the support!

I feel this same way! In fact, my family has decided to take their first ever group photo in December and I am livid! I am the heaviest I have ever been and now I have to buy something to wear. *grumble*

I guess it is a good opportunity for a true before photo. :(

January cannot get here soon enough!!

I can so relate to this. I don't know what happened to me, but as soon as I decided to have the surgery I just stopped wanting to do anything with myself. I badly need a haircut, new clothes...but I keep thinking about how much better it will be a few months after surgery. I feel like a drowing woman who has suddenly realized that rescue is possible and I just want to get into the boat. Nothing else matters.

Wow... I haven't had a haircut or a pedicure in 6 months either! I was wondering what in the world was happening to me! All I think about is starting my new life these days. I guess I need to snap out of it! Glad to read so many others are having the same thoughts!

I know it is hard now. You are making such a GREAT choice getting sleeved. You are going to be amazed at how your life will change! Be prepared for lots of compliments!!!

I have felt "Fat" most of my life. My decision to have WLS stemed from not being able to look in the mirror without crying because I hate what I see. :frown1:

After over a year of reasearch on WLS. I finally have a surgery set for Dec. 13th. I have been excited beyond words about this... Until a couple of days ago. Then out of nowhere, saddness.?. Now Im crying, instead of laughing/smiling.

I am still happy with my decision. I am still seeing me after surgery, healthy, happy. It's all the other thoughts and fears that is causing my Pre-Op Blues.. What if: I am that .01% that has a fatality. How will this affect my family? What if: For some reason; I don't "pass" the pre-op exams, at the last minute, and can't have the surgery.

I am so glad that I am not the only one having saddness at this, should be, happy time. I feel like, I can't wait for the day to get here and at the next minute fearing it coming. I don't want to be sad anymore. I want to feel the happiness leading to that day, that I know I will after that day.. Does the saddness go away???