Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skeletons still there

Note: Long-winded storey!!!!

I have had a very unusual day today, thought I'd share. Yes my skeletons are still there, but they are very shaken!! My storey started last night. My family was hosting a BBQ with another family. I really enjoy the company of this family, most times, but every now and then....not so much. They arrived and it was obvious they were fighting, I hate that! Moving on from that, what she said she was bringing, she didn't. Moving on from that, the whole night seemed to be in a rush, even though they didn't leave until after midnight. She started BBQing before I even made the salad. Started serving dessert before I even finished dinner (now, Im gonna give her this one, cause I do take alot longer to eat). Then kept complaining when we took to long to play our hands when we were playing cards. Through-out the night were the glares from the two of them, back and forth. AAAAHHHHHH, this was a beautiful Saturday night, no pressure, nowhere to go, WHAT"S THE RUSH! When they left, it was a relief, but I tossed back and forth all night, and woke up this morning in a crappy mood. So moving on......I ate junk last night like chips and coke etc... normally I would allow myself that for a treat, not a big deal, but when I weigh myself this morning I've gained 4 lbs, again not a big deal, I do this alot, and with one good day I can lose it. But because of my mood etc.. I paved they way for my old skeletons to return. Some of you may know, some not, that before my Band I was not only a binger, but a drive-thru junkie. So......after a shitty evening, a shitty nights sleep, a shitty scale reading, I proceeded to have cheescake for breakfast:( , 1 hour later a leftover hot dog:(. I felt so bad I just lied on the couch pouting:cry . In the afternoon I had to pick-up my daughter in town and I headed straight to the drive-thru. I ordered a Big Mac meal, SUPERSIZED:omg: . Took the time to add salt and about 10 packets of ketchup on fries. I ate the Big Mac, but when I was finished I noticed I had picked off most of the bun as I ate, I couldnt eat fast, and I couldn't even attempt the fries or drink.

I LOVE MY LAP-BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, even though I havn't been perfect today, as far as diet. It could have been 50 times worse. I obviously am still letting things get to me, and I have to find other ways of dealing, but what a lesson. Tommorow is going to be a great day!:rolleyes: I tried to keep this as short as possible, I hope I havn't bored anyone to death!

Holy smokes, Cloe, I hear ya. Tomorrow's an new and good day, but remember that the rest of today is salvageable as well. My problem when dieting was that if I blew it in the morning the whole day was screwed so I might as well eat what I want and start again tomorrow. Not only that I'd binge in anticipation of depriving myself the next day. I think we almost have to take things moment by moment rather than day by day.

I'm so glad you're still feeling positive. I tend to feel like a piece of crap when I screw up which certainly doesn't help things.

Good luck on your wonderful day tomorrow.

Devana

Yesterday I ate some refried Beans and nachos. I know I shouldn't have and I won't do it again, but sometimes real life gets in the way of our good intentions and things happen. Tomorrow is another day for both you and me. Family can be tough. I'm staying with family right now and love them to death, but there are days enough is enough. Keep your head up high. You have lots of friends on here.

Hi Cloe...tks for sharing your tale.

You're correct, the good news is that your band worked!!!! And you didn't eat the rest of the Big Mac Meal...so that is something to Celebrate, as you said.

As for the rest....you're still gonna have bad days like that and all you can do is your best. Yeah, maybe some of the shaky skeletons returned...but that is okay...they were shaky. And..next time, they will be more shaky.

It's all a learning curve. But I know that you know that....so, all I can say is KEEP UP THE GREAT work...you're doing fabulous....I'm sure nobody out there goes through this without any setbacks of some sort and demons re-surfacing!!!

;)

Wooooo ! Cloe! I was thinking maybe you had got a feel of your collar bone or something, like I was so excited about before... and realized "Hey, my skeleton IS still in there!!" LOL

Good for you that you weren't able to eat more than the burger. I find myself ordering more than I can eat too, and get a little sad when I can't eat as much as I want to! :pout:

Me too, I sometimes wish I could take the band out just for a moment to shove some food in my face like before. How sick is that!! I do miss that feeling of "ahhh" as half a plate of food is going down my throat:wacko: . I am one sick puppy:dog: I tell ya. The funny thing is that when I'm on track,I'm REALLY on track. No in-betweens for me!

And then people wonder why they dont loose weight, sad story sorry it ruined your night but then you allowed it to ruin your game plan with the ban. Ban is life long effort, not just eat what you want and then loose it a day or two later. This is just my idea not picking on you but put yourself on a pedestal and be an example for others with the same issues. let them see your success and encourage them to do the same.

If I could put myself on a pedestal, I would. Then I wouldn't have a band, and I wouldn't be here, neither would you or anyone else. I'm just trying to relate life's experiences. I may have misunderstood, but I thought we were all here to help on another. I have not only helped others with issues, but they have helped me. I thought that is the way it worked, maybe I'm wrong, dunno.;)

the whole point is you do have a band and I am glad to hear you say that you are helping others. I am not down on you for saying anything just my thoughts, we all have them right or wrong. I think you are doing very good just keep going.

Hmmmmm...interesting viewpoint.

Cloe....chin up. The VAST majority of us are quite thrilled that you shared with us...here on the CANUCK thread I might add!!!!

:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:

Regardless of that lone particular viewpoint, rest assured that we (at least on the Canuck thread) are here to share...good AND bad. Afterall, what better way to learn, than from our own and others' mistakes.

Put yourself on a pedestal???!!! Ummmm.....I don't think so. Dunno 'bout you guys, but I ain't here to be an example to ANYONE....tis hard enough getting thru the day sometimes just for MEEEEE let you!!! LOL

I will continue to share...both good AND bad and I hope the rest of you will do the same....regardless of comments such as the above.

GO CLOE GO!

well said yoda keep up the good work cloe always a few negeative people in the crowd. if i get a craving for something i am going to eat it too. this is a life long tool .

Yesterday I ate some refried Beans and nachos. I know I shouldn't have and I won't do it again
What's wrong with refried beans & nachos? Honestly. I know several people who on refried beans as a staple, and they're a good source of good carbs -- good Protein too, and in the nacho meat. Sure cheese, sour cream, etc have fat (unless you use fat free) but we need fat in our diets, too, just have to moderate it. If you're counting carbs chips can be the enemy, but if you're just moderating what you eat, and buying the right kind of chips -- not too bad. Several OTS brands have under 15g carb for 20ish chips.

I agree Wheetsin!!! Ain't nothin' wrong with re-fried Beans....a whole lotta Protein there.

Besides, I disagree with the "never having it again" syndrome. There should be no such thing....only moderation and be smart about it (as you said!).

:confused: