Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

preparing for lap band

im am due to have a lap band fitted on the 20 august is there anything i am ment to do to prepare myself :rolleyes:

Ooooh yeah I want know too, I know that there was a post for a post-op check-list but didn't see a pre-op one!:teeth:

you say your not banded yet when are you planning the big step

LOL my plans and my doctors differ.....LOL. I started this journey back in April...then the tests, May, June and sleep apnea this month...I go Tuesday to be fitted for my mask (dang!!) Doc can't schedule me until he knows what number the mask is to be set at. Oh and I have to be wearing that lovely piece of fun for 2 weeks prior to surgery. So as soon as i get the number, and the confirmation on when I get the headpiece, I can call and say okay.....I am coming 2 weeks from now...get ready! I should be approved because my insurance covers lap band, and they have paid for all the tests along the way, and I have been in phone contact with insurance to make sure everything is okay, but i won't know for sure until the doc tells insurance the date he wants to operate.....he takes all my tests and the release from the general practicioner....and says "here is my patient, this is all her stuff and why I think she needs to be banded -and oh yeah she has sleep apnea as a co-morbidity....so are you okay with this?" and then they say yes or no. But my sis thinks that because my insurance covers lasik surgery which clearly is not life threatening, then I should be okay with the approval. Whew!!

So my final answer is "as soon as humanly possible"

Oh and I forgot to mention that I still have "barriatric boot camp" to attend, but that is a one day event no biggie.

im am due to have a lap band fitted on the 20 august is there anything i am ment to do to prepare myself :rolleyes:

I was actually hoping for August 7th-its my Birthday...what a cool present that would have been! Aug 20th is my son's birthday!

Best of luck to you!

Thank you.. I am not traveling but I found the bra part especially helpful...i hate not wearing a bra! Hmmmm gonna have to figure that one out...and of course I was gonna wear my jeans---duh, what was I thinking!!?? My sis had our mom make tons of spandex "onsies" for her..they are really loose-baggy all over-feel naked wearing them...Oh she made a uni-onsie....sleeveless......I think I will have mom make one for me then I can wear a loose fitting tee-shirt and still feel "nipple protected"!!!

I am lucky enough to only have to drive 1/2 hr to 45 mins from my house for my band. (Atlantic City, NJ)

Thanks so much Kutia for the info!!!!!! :clap2: