Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

worried that i am not getting all i need.....

So i am finding that on week two post op i am having a hard time eating my mushy stuff... With all the meds and Vitamins there seems to be no more room. In the morn i take my reflux meds an antibiotic and my chewable vit..C B12 and flinstone... Then it seems to be hours before i can eat my statge one baby apple sauce... Then i try to get in my fluids. It seems that if i do liquids such as Water i have no room for food. The only thing i ate yesterday was mash tato's... Am i the only one with this problem? :unsure:

No, me too. Except I'm throwing up the mushie stage :0(

ya i tried to egg some scram eggs yesterday and that did not sit at all that was the first time i thew up since my surgery. Well other than when they made me drink that nasty contrast to do the xray.

I'm 10 days post op and everything has gone down and stayed down well. But I worry that I'm not getting enough calories or Protein. I can eat about 1/4 cup at a time and I know I'm not drinking enough but I can't seem to get more liquid in. It gets a little better each day but it is scary.

I'm 5 weeks post op and I had the same problems. I will tell you that sometime last week I felt actual hunger for the first time. But the smallest amount of food fills you up. But I am still able to get more down now than I could at 2 weeks. My doctor told me it takes time to get all the needed Protein and fluids in, but you will be able to eventually. Hang in there.

Don't worry, all of you are right on target. The first few months are very tough and will require a great deal of patience from you to your new tiny tummy.

The main focus right now should be getting all your fluids (water) in. Second should be getting your Protein. If you can't get all your Protein in for the first months, don't worry so much. I didn't and I lived. :) Just do what you can, and let time pass.

(((hugs))) because I know what you are going through!

To echo MissDIva, it takes time. In the beginning it feels like all you are doing is managing vitamines, food, Fluid etc. trying to juggle and it feels like there aren't enough hours in the day to coordinate all that... especially since the tummy feels full so easily. I would just focus on getting through each day and doing my very best each day. Some days I made the targets, others, not so much. But I just kept plugging away. It will pass!!! and each week gets better. In terms of nutrition, my MD did warm me that in the beginning it's difficult to get all the Protein in with just food, since we can bearly eat a bite or two. So shakes are necesarry. Eventually you'll tolerate more food. I'm 5+ months out and can eat pretty much anything but I still have to supplement with shakes occationally. Main point here: you're all pretty much on target! and the experiences seem pretty much the ones we all have (my own and what I've been reading about the last 9 months or so) Good luck to you all. Hang in there!!!!!!

PS: sometimes I would scramble one egg thinking "I would only be able to eat half" only to find that one tiny bite did it!!!! That would freak me out! :-)