Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap-Band Commercial in Canada

I was watching TV last night and for the first time saw a commercial for Lap-Band. Has anyone else in Canada seen one? About Fricken Time, eh?:canada:

Hi There..

I saw the commercial too..and think it was done very well...

I have been contemplating getting the band done at TLBC. I went for a consultation but Im still not sure. I don't have too much weight to lose, about 40 lbs, but I have been struggling with it for years now, yo-yo'ing back and forth...Nisrine, the pre-op coordinator, was very kind and told me that I don't really need it and to take my time to really consider doing it. I think I may go ahead with it though...To lose and keep off 40 lbs for life is worth the 16 grand!

Take care,

Sandy

Yes, I've seen the commercial for TLBC on TV now for about 9 months or more. I had already been researching at that point!

Sandeee.....the selling factor for me getting the band was being able to finally keep it off. I'm very good at losing it but I've never been able to keep it off.

After years of yo-yo dieting the Dr. told me I was compromising my health just as much, if not more than being overweight. And, the older I get, the more tired I get.....this constant dieting is becoming more and more exhausting........so, I wanted it gone for good once and for all.

I have more to lose than you, approx 100, almost half way there....but I can tell you, outside of marrying my husband, its the best thing I've ever done!

Carol

Thanks for your input Carol,

I'm still so distraught though...sometimes I feel like I wish I never found out about this band as an option. A part of me feels like is it really worth it?...all the posssible complications and the tremendous cost...and then I feel like can I afford not getting it, living a life consumed by weight and the inability to lose it and keep it off for good....

Feeling hopeless and confused...

Sandy

Sandee, I heard this saying once, and it works for everything. "If you keep doing what your doing, you'll keep getting what your getting". It's a good phrase to work with. I'm not trying to tell you to do anything. Only you know weather you've exhausted all means. This is your personal journey, Dig Deep. food for thought:hungry: ,:rolleyes: .