Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for someone to talk to

Hi all,

I have been approved for surgery, and am scheduled for Dec 29. I still need to decide on my procedure. I know I don't want a band. I am trying to decide between a sleeve and a bypass. I would really like to speak to someone on the phone to get their experiences, good and bad. I can call you, or I will send you my number to call me. Please PM me with your number and the best time to call, or a request for mine.

Thanks in advance.

Tiffkins has posted some excellent things on this board that go into great detail about the issues with the different surgeries. I'm not trying to discourage you from speaking with someone, but there is ALOT of information out there that will help you.

Some of the things that you will find with the issues over people who have had the gastric bypass is the failure rate is pretty high. The malabsorption changes pretty significantly after about 12 to 18 months which takes most people by surprise. So, if people are consuming say 2,000 or more calories per day but their body is only absorbing half that in the beginning and then eventually the body adapts and starts to absorb more calories which equals weight gain unless people adjust their eating habits.

Also, one of the biggies that most people have issue with is the permanent state of being dependent on way more supplements because your body won't be able to absorb the nutrients like it could prior to surgery. Failure to stay compliant with that life long regimen of staying on supplements can lead to serious health consequences. This includes regular bloodwork (minimum annual) to ensure changes aren't necessary to the supplements your body needs. Also, NSAIDS will be a forever no-no.

So, if the surgery does fail you, you are still stuck with the life long consequences of dependency on supplements the rest of your life. Are you prepared for that? It is your decision in the end- just be sure you have all the information you need before you move forward.

One other suggestion. Go to www.obesityhelp.com as they have LOTS of threads for ALL the different types of surgeries including threads dedicated to people who have failed/ having problems succeeding with their surgery. The bulk and share of those posters are people who had the RnY and if you notice most of them are at least 12 to 18 months out. Several people can be successful but after about 18 to 24 months start having issues with weight regain.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches