Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When does the love part happen?

I've read on here how so many of you love your sleeves...when will I love mine? lol I was sleeved on 10/18 and I don't regret it, no buyers remorse, but I don't love it...not yet anyways. I am on pureed foods and I'm enjoying having tastes and flavors again (as opposed to the liquid only phase) and I can see how down the road this will be an awesome tool. I just wonder, how long before you guys fell in love with your pouches? While I'm thinking about it, how long did it take you to get the hang of feeding yourself and your families without making seperate dinners? Thanks everyone! ♥

hahaha sorry you aren't feeling the love quite yet! The love part usually comes in for most when you discover than you can eat a couple oz of solid food and be completely satisfied. Or when you don't experience hunger, or at least the same ravenous hunger that you felt pre-op. Or for the best part, when you start losing the weight or getting into smaller sizes. It gets easier on the family meal thing when you get to solid foods also. Because you can eat the same protein/meat that you're feeding your family. You may have to fix more low carb sides, at least for yourself, or just skip the sides that your family may want. But it all does get easier and you may just fall in love yet!

:)

For me, it was a hate relationship for the first 2.5 weeks (I had pnuemonia and was diagnosed with pancreatitis) then once I was feeling better it turned to a neutral realtionship, and at about week 4 I started to love my sleeve. I love that I am not craving alot of things like I used to. I also am finding it super empowering to be able to refuse foods that are no good while others around me eat them.

Give it time and you will feel the love :D

I'm 11 weeks out, and I am feeling the love. :) I am also cooking for my family. Sometimes though, I still cook myself a separate meal (or drink a Protein shake). This is usually when they are eating pizza.

I started loving my sleeve when I was full after eating a very small portion, when I wasn't hungry, and when I started fitting into smaller and smaller sizes. Plus, I love stepping on the scale and seeing the weight go down. I now weigh less than I have since 2003/2004. That is amazing.

I'm now four weeks out and while I won't say I love my sleeve, I am appreciative of what it is doing for me. I do love not craving foods and not having hunger pangs. I love the restriction most days/meals but not so much when I take a bite and all of a sudden have a rock under my breastbone LOL.