Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets talk body fat %

So... I'm working on getting to a 29% body fat which according to some charts places me as a woman and at my age in the "moderately lean" category. Lets face it... most Americans don't come close to this on the charts!! ... which is pretty sad.

Don't mistake anything here, I am not talking about the BMI charts. I'm talking about the amount of fat that makes up the whole of your body. Lean body mass being muscle, bone, Water, etc... and fat being... well... fat. This is a far more accurate assessment of your health and really is how I'm basing my goals. I've had many goals along the way and I think this last one is the best. I have no idea where I'll end up on the BMI chart, nor do I really care.

So, right now my body fat % is 33.5 and according to Protein per day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someone at OH mentioned the formerly obese factor of fat multiplying but never dying. This is very true and needs to be remembered when coming to a completion in our journies. There is no way of getting rid of it unless its excised or sucked out. It is what it is!

Anyway the reason I'm bringing this up is because I'm very hopeful I'll reach my 29% BF once I complete my circle and have mine "sucked out". :) Next Wednesday is the first and the second is on the 18th. Of course I have to wait for healing and swelling to go down first, but heck... I'm so ready to finally be really done!

Then again, I love having goals... LOL!!!

I hate BMI. I don't seem to ever get on normal levels. Am I always going to have abnormal BMI? How do you turn that around. 32 BMI is high!

IDK! We'll see how my levels come out once I'm all healed from my liposuctions. Hahaa!! ^_^ All my excess fat was in my thighs and knees. Now that that will have been obliterated, I'll probably be 5% which is NOT good for a woman.

I just went to my bariatric surgeon today, and he used a special scale to weigh me. My body fat is 43.4 percent; fat mass is 89 pounds and fat free mass is 115.5 pounds. My Water weight is 84.51 pounds. My BMI is 31.6, and my overall weight (with clothes on) is 204.5. I'm 5 feet 7.5 inches tall, and 40 years old. I have a while to get to he desirable fat percentage, which is the 23-34 percent range.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches