Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cant get motivated

6 weeks out and no real exercise to speak of...i know i should but....i am upset and scared that i am not motivated...help!

My sister in law had bypass 5 years ago, lost about 140 pounds and has kept if off without every exercising. She missed goal by about 25 pounds though. However she looks great, is super happy and very energetic.

I am not advocating this at all though, but you just had major surgery. In my opinion, six weeks is not a long time at all. It took me 2 full months to somewhat recuperate from hysterectomy.

Hey!

At 6 weeks post op I felt the same... remember, you are consuming very little right now, so it might not be lack of motivation as such, more lack of energy???

Give yourself some more time... perhaps start with a little walk, gradually increase the distance and speed and see how you feel.

That is what I did when I was ready but it was more around the 2mth marker... I also did wii fit, found that very useful in the early days!

Good luck!

I started back at gym at week 3. The longer you take the harder it will be. The first week back I could barely do 10 to 15 minutes on treadmill let alone weights. By second week back I was getting stronger. I had to increase calorie intake to have the energy and stamina.

It may help to get a personal trainer for the first couple of sessions to help motivate you and help prevent injury. You will find you lost a bit of strength and it will take a couple of weeks to get back to par.

Start now, don't delay. You can do it.

you should try the wii idea most people hate the word exercise shop around find something you like doing for me I love dance central they just came out with dance central 2 on Tuesday I will be sure to get it when I can exercise the game is soooo much fun if you like learning new dance moves in the privacy of your own home lol with no onlookers theres a work out mode that keeps track of your calories burned as well im only one week well 9 days post op && im going insane lol I want to work out already! I know the first couple of months you lose most of your weight so I've just been walking a lot around the house remember every little bit count use your tool to your fullest sweety<3

I agree, start small with something like walking, or as Ren suggested the Wii. That is my favorite thing to do, and I know I will stick to it because it's fun. I have all the Just Dance games except for Just Dance 3, which was released this month I think. I plan on trying to catch it on sale. I also have the Michael Jackson one. I have also seen people rave over Zumba, and you can also get this for the Wii. Good luck!

:)

I realy needed to read this post as I am in the same boat. I just entered week 5 of being post-op and I am so not motivated to exercise. I don't have much of an apetite and I know in order to work out I'll have to up my caloric intake. Between figuring out what to eat (the mushy phase has no been my friend) and the lack of exerice... I'm batting a thousand - LOL. I have been walking and I actually look forward to doing so it's getting to the gym that's hard. I'm sure I would have more weight loss if I incorporated a regular routine.

We can do this DallasMomof Twins! Onward and upward!!

Gym/exercise/workout...here we come!

Niki

I forgot to add dance central is on xbox 360 kinect here's a little video of one of the songs this version is hard but you can choose easy or medium the lady mighty has a ton of videos showing the different dance routines even zumba for kinect

The first step is always the tiniest one... good job with just getting started! Exercising and working out is just as important IMO to a new healthy lifestyle as the fat loss part. I wouldn't be anywhere as fit as I am right now without it!

Leslie Sansone has some great DVDs you might want to look into, sort of like walking in place with various other moves. Advanced would be anything Jillian Michaels. She will knock your socks off!! LOL :) Yoga is great too!

6 weeks out and no real exercise to speak of...i know i should but....i am upset and scared that i am not motivated...help!

Hi! Well i'm out 2 years and am the QUEEN of HATE THE GYM or exercise period. . . I feel that you will get motivated eventually but I don't force the issue cause then you'll really hate everything. . . i do what i can during the day. . . for example. . .at our work (I work downtown in a 2+ million people metropolitan city) employees have to park "under the bridge" The parking there is very cheap $2.50 for the whole day, compared to $12/day anywhere else downtown. . . the thing is if you park under the bridge the walk to work is 1/4 mile each way. . . excellant in the morning to wake you up and excellant in the evening to shake off those irratating work blues. . .so each day i walk 1/2 mile within 15 - 20 minutes. . . at home, of course, there is cleaning, laundry, vacuuming, yard work, walk down to the mail box which is about 5 minutes away. . ( I swear the addition did this on purpose :) ) . . . so you see I do get some exercise in every day. . . it doesn't have to be jumping around in the gym or killing yourself with DVD exercise tapes, just do what you enjoy. . . if you like dancing, turn on the music at home while your cooking or cleaning and jam out to that. . . if you like walking to the park or whatever, do that . . . walk the dog, the cat, the rabbit, hamster, whatever. . . just do what you enjoy . . . good luck!