Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is why I need the sleeve!

I have a very active job and am expected to wear jeans to work for safety reasons. Since we found that I have a blood pressure problem I have been put on medication. Problem is, the medication makes me sweat like a polar bear in the desert. Doesn't matter what I am doing, I sweat for the first few hours after I take it. I found that this weekend at work I developed horrible chafing between my thighs that made it painful to walk by the end of the day. I get all of my hours in 3 days, so this meant I had 2 more days to go like this! I tried powder, but it didn't seem to help. Today, since I was not working (which believe me is a heck of a workout most days) I decided to ride my bike. It was so painful! I am up to a half mile (which is an achievement from where I was two weeks ago) and I completed my ride. However, I am now in so much pain it is hard to walk much less consider working out tomorrow. At the rate this is going, I can clear up the chafing by Friday which is just in time to do it all over again! I'm trying really hard to get into the proper lifestyle and get my exercise daily. I have done it before, and know that I easily get addicted to the endorphins and quickly miss it if I don't work out for a day or two. This time it is really hard. It is already hard trying to get yourself back into shape carrying more than 100 lbs of extra weight (what is that, like a whole backstreet boy I carry on my shoulders every day?). I just don't know how I am supposed to do this when a work out causes excruciating pain. Seems like reinforcement NOT to work out. I just don't know what to do!!! Any suggestions would be great.

Hi. I work out with a personal trainer. If anything hurts, she finds another way for me to exercise the same group of muscles but without the pain. I don't know if this will help you but...just an idea.

have you ever tried putting vaseline on or petroleum jelly on the area where the chaffing develops?

There is a product in the feminine hygiene section to soothe and prevent chafing. I have found that it helps.Good luck to you!

Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

41VEG5BZCAL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-3,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

Thank you so much for the advice. I don't have the time or money for a personal trainer, but I will totally try the monistat and vaseline!

Also if you are able to walk (once your chafing clears) than walking is a great exercise that you can do. Don't feel like you have to start off running marathons or biking cross country. Baby steps build up to bigger workouts. Do what you can when you can and it will all come together eventually. I started by walking up and down my driveway a few times a day. you can lead up to bigger steps and bigger workouts as your body allows you to. Good luck.

I have found that wearing some sort of spandex knee length biker type shorts under my jeans solved this problem. It may be that your pants are getting a little loose and drooping in the seat and your thighs are allowed to touch. If you have this type of shorts on, it doesnt allow skin to touch skin and you will be a lot more comfortable. I cant go for a walk on regular shorts. they have to be spandex so they hug my thighs and dont let skin touch skin. Even if I have to wear then under some other shorts or pants. I have always had fat thighs and this horrible chaffing problem. I hope this will help you too.

Thank you forensic, I will try this as well :)

You could also look at some moisture wicking undergarments ( shorts). They usually have no seams and would keep your skin a little more dry = less chafing. Good luck!!!