Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dental Work in Mexico

I am just wondering if anybody has had any dental work done in Mexico?

I am considering have some done and would like to hear other folks experience.

Myra

Myra ~ Are you being serious or is this a joke? Why would you go to MX for dental work? You have me scratching my head over here. :)

I know and understand that there are good docs in Mexico, but the idea of going there for medical treatment frightens me, even dentistry. I assume you mean cosmetic dentistry.

Make sure you research the doc really well, and if it doesn't frighten you, then go for it. I imagine it is substantially cheaper.

My now deceased grandparents lived in S. Texas. They had all of their dental work done in Mexico. My mother does also. Typically, they have VERY good dentists with many trained in the US.

Just get references. Shawn

Many people in Texas go to Mexico for dental work. The ones I know personally have had very good results and the cost is minimal.

My mom and dad, sister, grandparents and aunt all go to Mexico for dental work. There has been no problems and they get great treatment there. I have great dental insurance, so I have no need to go there for a dentist, but I would if I didn't have the insurance!

Myra ~ Are you being serious or is this a joke? Why would you go to MX for dental work? You have me scratching my head over here. :)

There are many from the church I go to that travel to Juarez Mexico across the border from El Paso to have dental work done at the clinic that is part of Emmanuel Ministries (think that's the name). We go on mission trips to the children's home there and do painting and other work around there, help the staff and play with the children. The children's home is Hogar de ninos. They also have a medical clinic and the doc showed me the surgery room and slide show on his computer of a Total Knee Replacement that he and some other docs did there. The lady is now walking around the neighborhood. I was a little surprised, but he also performed a Tummy Tuck on a relative of his. How about that? I think this made me a little more open to having my lapband done in Mexico, along with research and testimonies of other patients.

Oh,and the dental work is less expensive. I know of a guy who needed lots done and had no dental insurance, so he either drove or hopped southwest to el paso and then over to Mexico. Turned out well for him.

I was actually initially looking into dental work when I discovered the lap band. I know many people who are very happy with the dental work they've had done in Mexico. My lapband doctor and the psychologist who interviewed me before the procedure gave me the names of their dentists, so I'm seriously thinking of going down and getting some work done.

Devana

Hey 3 loves yes I am very serious. I need about 30000 to 40000 US dollars worth of dental work. Long story but I need all teeth extracted, titanium rods (10) and the "snapon" dentures. Bad bad bad teeth. At least all 19 of my original 32 that I have left.

My MIL and FIL and SIL were missionairies to Mexico for 19 years. They had all their dental / healthcare done in Mexico. Their next door neighbor was a US trained dentist.

Another SIL lives in El Paso and they go over the border for all their dental also.

So I am considering definitely.

Myra

My father ALWAYS got his dentures from Mexico or really really South Texas. Most times, he got one day service and the cost was far less than in the States.

Umm... haven't, and wouldn't. But understand that's just my personal preference.

Another option - don't know if you've considered it - but if you have a dental school anywhere around, they do work at a deeply, deeply discounted rate. Granted, you're being worked on my students, but only ones who are very close to graduating, and only under strict observation of at least one professor/dentist. I know this is an option used by people here who don't have insurance or can't affort their normal dental bills. I don't know anyone personally who has done it, but I've heard the "friend of a friend" accounts, and they've all been positive.

My parents are living on a sailboat, and they are on the way to Mexico. They have researched dental care down there pretty intensively and found that most of the "cruisers" (people who live on sailboats) have nothing but good things to say about Mexican dentists. The only thing they say is that you should try to find one who speaks English, or take a Spanish speaker with you, because that is where problems happen.

Bless your heart Myra!! I hope your able to get those teeth fixed soon. I seriously had no idea so many people went to MX for dental work....who would have thought? Sometimes I think I live in a small world b/c I have been fortunate enough to always have dental insurance, with a small exception when my DH was working contract.

HE HE HE 3 loves when you live in a border state you tend to be more aware of these things.

http://drcarreondds.com/

This is the dentist I am thinking of going to. If anybody has heard anything about him I would appreciate knowing it.

Thanks

Myra