Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Nausea everyday!!!

Greetings Fellow Sleevers,

I have been having a big problem every morning and evening with nausea. (not pregnant) The first week I was fine. But then the last week and a half I have been so nauseas. Dr said may be dehydration, and to drink, drink, drink. However I drink every 5-10 mins. Only way I could do more is to not sleep and that's been happening so I drink some more. I have the supositories and they help temporarily. I have tried to exercise thru this and that doesn't seem to help. I am still on liquids and am wondering if maybe food will help Did anyone else have this and if so what did you find helpful and how long did it last? I drink pepermint or ginger tea each morning and only helps temporarily. Desperate for your suggestions, Monty

Hi Monty!

Yes.. I had nausea that started about week 2 and lasted until week 5 or 6. No rhyme or reason with mine, it could be after I ate, or just before, morning, afternoon or night... I could have it one day and not again for 3-4 days then get it twice in the same day... Sometimes I could ride it out sitting in a chair, other times I was right down on the bathroom floor.

I had it at my 2 week follow up, my 4 week follow up - - my doc calmly told me it would pass as my tummy healed and I got more on regular food and it did.

To this day I have no idea what brought it on,, but it did pass as I healed up. Hang in there!

I also posted response to your question on my profile.. :D Looking forward to seeing your sucess! You will do fine!

I am two and a half months out now and i have been experiencing nausea in the morning after the first sip of Water. Doesnt matter if its cold or room temp. The first thing hits my stomach the nausea follows. My doctor prescribes me generic zofran. its a lifesaver. I take it with the first sip of water and then my PPI. I am good to go. My sleeve doesnt like cold things in the morning but as long as I have the zofran, I am Aok. Maybe you could ask for it for yourself. Its a very small pill and totally worth it to me.

I am two and a half months out now and i have been experiencing nausea in the morning after the first sip of Water. Doesnt matter if its cold or room temp. The first thing hits my stomach the nausea follows. My doctor prescribes me generic zofran. its a lifesaver. I take it with the first sip of water and then my PPI. I am good to go. My sleeve doesnt like cold things in the morning but as long as I have the zofran, I am Aok. Maybe you could ask for it for yourself. Its a very small pill and totally worth it to me.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. It helps so much to know you're "normal" and what you might try to help with the problem.:rolleyes: I am going to ask about zofran.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. It helps so much to know you're "normal" and what you might try to help with the problem.:rolleyes: I am going to ask about zofran.

My surgeon actually sent me home with a prescription for dissovable zofran. He does absolutely everything he can to prevent it because he is super cautious. I only took it a couple times and mainly as a precaution, but if you aren't up to pills you could ask about that. Good luck and I hope it works out for you!

My surgeon actually sent me home with a prescription for dissovable zofran. He does absolutely everything he can to prevent it because he is super cautious. I only took it a couple times and mainly as a precaution, but if you aren't up to pills you could ask about that. Good luck and I hope it works out for you!

I started with those but they tasted bad to me. The regular pills are super tiny. They are not problem to swallow at all. My new PPI capsule I take is huge! I dont have problems with it either though.

I had the exact problem but my nausea was everyday, my doctor gave me Phenegren suppositories because I had problems keeping down a phenagren pill. The Phenagren suppository does an excellent job. I still have to take them, and it becomes effective within 10 mins.