Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone heard of or used Dr Niazy Selim?

Has anyone heard of or used Dr Niazy Selim? I heard that he does Lap Band at the KU Medical Center in KCK. I would appreciate any info that anyone may have about him. I am wanting to set a date for Lap Band surgery as soon as possible.

He is the only one I can find where both the surgeon AND the hospital facility are in network with United HealthCare. With my particular policy, UHC does not pay any out of network benefits at all. If they did, I would probably use Dr Malley or Dr Lopez. I

So far I have not seen any info about Dr Selim.

Thanks everyone. Fran

Hey Fran, Gennifer from Higginsville, MO here! I was banded by Dr. Selim at the weight loss surgical center in Overland Park, KS. He is very nice and he does a good job. I have not had any problems so far (knock wood)! I did have to have a port revision because it had flipped over. But that is just something that happens sometimes, not really a reflection on the surgeon. He was good to me and I would recommend him to anyone. Go for it! and Good luck!!!

--Genn

Thank you for your reply. I am going in soon for my pre-op, and was starting to get cold feet since i had only heard of Dr Malley and Dr Lopez in the Kansas City area. I was told that Dr Selim would most likely be doing my surgery. It helps so much to know that your experience with him was a positive one. How long ago were you banded, if I might ask?

Hey Fran, Gennifer from Higginsville, MO here! I was banded by Dr. Selim at the weight loss surgical center in Overland Park, KS. He is very nice and he does a good job. I have not had any problems so far (knock wood)! I did have to have a port revision because it had flipped over. But that is just something that happens sometimes, not really a reflection on the surgeon. He was good to me and I would recommend him to anyone. Go for it! and Good luck!!!

--Genn

Yes you may ask! I was banded on June 9, 2006. I started out at 299 pounds and I am down to 278. I have also lost 27 & 1/2 inches off my body. I go for my second fill this Thursday. I am so excited to continue my journey. But I know I can do it !

-- Genn

That is fantastic!

Belive me, hearing from you has really helped me to calm down and feel much better about the whole thing. I'll let you know what happens when i go in to speak to Dr Selim.

Again, thnak you so much. I appreciate it so, so much.

Fran

Yes you may ask! I was banded on June 9, 2006. I started out at 299 pounds and I am down to 278. I have also lost 27 & 1/2 inches off my body. I go for my second fill this Thursday. I am so excited to continue my journey. But I know I can do it !

-- Genn

The misspelling is driving me crazy. I meant to say "thanks", not "Thnaks"

-- Genn

Wish me luck, everyone. I finally have a surgery date with Dr Niazy Selim. I went for pre-op and have been scheduled for Sept 11 surgery.

He seemed to be knowledgeable and capable when I spoke to him yesterday. Now I just want to get it over with so that i can start my new life. I can't even imagine how it will be for me, but I am going to do my best, and hope for the best.

He said no bread, steak or ice cream for life. I had to ask him for his reasoning on the ice cream. He said it's because a lot of it can be eaten and the band can't regulate it. So I understood it because ice cream is such a high calorie food. He's only requiring that i don't eat after midnight the night before the surgery,but i have been taking it easy for the past couple of weeks because of things i've read on the message boards.

I'll check back in after my surgery. Thanks for the encouragement.

Fran

-- Genn

Fran, Good luck today! I hope everything goes well! I will say a little prayer for you! I believe you are in good hands. Let us know how you are doing!

Genn