Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

I have posted before under "monty" but my account got messed up so now I am "ocean girl". I was sleeved 10-3-11 and had lost ten lbs. by the end of week 1. I am still on liquids and am 5 days into week 2. Suddenly, beginning yesterday I have become extremely nauseus and also all day today. It started after trying to do more walking but I didn't over do it . Along with this has comes a panic that I don't think I can tolerate one more Protein shake.It's pretty hard for me to disguise the taste and a panicky voice says "now you're trapped! Yoc have nothing you can tolerate and if you don't get your protein you will die!!! I usually am a well disciplined indiidual. I don't see the Dr until 10-20-11 and don't think I can wait..Their policy is if you are having`a problem go to the er. How would I even be able to explain this? Added to this, I haven't lost one pound this 2nd week I use "my fitness pal "and I was staying at 1000 cal. Could it be soime kind of 2nd week syndrom. How longf does it last and how did you get thru it. I am just soo down. Did anyone else experience anything like this? Thanks so much for listening, You all have helped me in the past.

Please...take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Easy. I know the panic feeling. You are breathing. This is temporary and you aren't killing yourself. That having been said, did u try to eat some mushy protrein? Maybe u can.

You'll be okay. You need Protein but you are not going to die if you don't have enough Protein for a couple of weeks. Your body is far more resiliant than that. If all you were doing was walking it would not bring on the nasuea. Assuming that was the only physcial thing you did, it's good for you and would not cause damage.

Have you taken any pain meds? Day two I took a percocet and it just about killed me. No more of them and only minor windows of upset stomach after that.

If you can't go to your surgeon, can you at least call them for advice? Personally, I'd fall back on that old standard and get me some chicken noodle Soup, strain it through a wire strainer to be sure you are only getting the broth and take a day or two with the typical things you do with an upset stomach...broth, Decaf warm tea, any liquid you can handle.

Forget about the protein for a couple of days and settle your stomach down. Some of it might be anxiety. But really, as much as people preach protein, protein we often forget to remind you that a few days without it won't cause you to die. And odds are very good the stomach will settle down and once you get off liquid - not that far away - you'll have many more sources for the protein you need.

My doctor said no mushies until day 21. He thinks liquids are the answer. That's the problem. I am having trouble getting enough liquids in. I can't tolerate cottage cheese and Jello. That's why I am in such a panic. Short n

of an IV I don't know what to do. How long do you need 100 oz? Thanks,

Please...take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Easy. I know the panic feeling. You are breathing. This is temporary and you aren't killing yourself. That having been said, did u try to eat some mushy protrein? Maybe u can.

My doctor said no mushies until day 21. He thinks liquids are the answer. That's the problem. I am having trouble getting enough liquids in. I can't tolerate cottage cheese and Jello. That's why I am in such a panic. Short n

of an IV I don't know what to do. How long do you need 100 oz? Thanks,

So this isn't really about Protein but an overall lack of being able to tolerate anything? You are not getting Water or Decaf tea or anytyhing like that?

I was never told 100 oz but 64 oz. My place went with the standard 8 8oz glasses and while I was on liquid it all counted. But if you are not getting at least 64 ounces of all liquid, especially if it's much shy of that -- like you can only take 50 ounces for an entire 24 hours -- then you do need to make sure you are not dehydrated. That is a big concern at this time, not so much Protein.

Others can chime in about how much Fluid is needed but I think the 8 8oz is pretty standard. And if you feel you are not staying properly hydrated, then a visit to a doctor/urgent care is probably called for.

IT is difficult in the beginning to get in all the Protein and liquids that you are told you should. My doctor kept telling me, do the best you can. This is a process. It was difficult for me to take the Protein Drinks for about 6 weeks. Proti 15 has powdered drinks that you can get that were my salvation. They have 15 grams of protein in in 8 ounces. I get them at my doctors office but they are available on the internet too. They also have a protein Tomato Soup that available on the internet. I think it is also made by Proti 15. sugar free popcicles helped me to get some liquids in, although they do not help with the protein. I was also able to get tropical smoothies down. They will add soy or whey protein to any smoothy, dont for get to ask for splenda. They are a little high in carbs, but they helped with the liquids and the Proteins in the beginning.

Thanks everyone for your posts. I was able to sleep quite a bit yesterday. Dr called and said my creatin levels were high which indicated failure of the kidneys and dehydration. He said that would make me nauseus and to drink, drink drink. I see him next week. Also made the pumpkin shake and it tasted good so I was able to get some Protein in. Walked a little, so slowly trying to get my game face on. Thanks so much. This board just keeps on giving and giving!!!

Whew. Hugs.