Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Abington Bariatric

Any one have their procedure at abington hospital in PA? If so, would you mind sharing your experience? Which doctor, any complications, post-op care etc.

Thanks for the feedback.

We are considering Dr. Bonnani and Dr. G.

Hello :)

I was thrilled when I saw your post. I had my sleeve done April of this year and am down 129 pds since surgery. 179 pds all together. Dr. G is my surgeon and he is great :) , they are both very good and wonderful surgeons. I go to the support group every 3rd tuesday of the month and have never heard of any complaints about either surgeon. The whole process was a wonderful expierence. The office staff and nutritionist, along with the nurses etc are a great team. I had no problems , but did have alot of questions when I came home from surgery if something was normal or not and when I called they called back right away. I was fine though. I will eb at the support group on Tuesday night if you want to talk in person we are breaking out into goups by what surgery we have. My name is Denise B.

Thanks Denise.

We are planning to go to that support group so I will be so excited to see you then. Has anyone ever talked about having complications from the surgery? Can you tell me what is like post-op. My spouse and I plan to do it at the same time and I am trying to gage how much help we will need. I am nervous but I have PCOS and I am hoping for a resolution for it. Has anyone ever talked about PCOS in the support group? Is it normal to be so nervous? unsure.gif

Thanks for replying. See you soon!biggrin.gif

I was thrilled when I saw your post. I had my sleeve done April of this year and am down 129 pds since surgery. 179 pds all together. Dr. G is my surgeon and he is great :) , they are both very good and wonderful surgeons. I go to the support group every 3rd tuesday of the month and have never heard of any complaints about either surgeon. The whole process was a wonderful expierence. The office staff and nutritionist, along with the nurses etc are a great team. I had no problems , but did have alot of questions when I came home from surgery if something was normal or not and when I called they called back right away. I was fine though. I will eb at the support group on Tuesday night if you want to talk in person we are breaking out into goups by what surgery we have. My name is Denise B.

It is definitly normal to be nervous. I was so scared the day of surgery I cried in the or room before they put me under . They were great they talked with me and calmed me down and I was impressed how they gave me that time to calm down. I have not heard of any complications and I was able to drive after 2 weeks and go back to work after 4. so you will need a driver to take you both to your 1 week appointment. what are POCS?? I am glad you both will be there Tuesday- I sit in the back before we break out into groups. I was suppose to get the ds but when Dr. G went in there I had gall stones stuck to my wall of my stomach ( I had gaul bladder taken out 4 yrs ago and there were stones left in Ugh- Dr. G was afraid of infection so I got the sleeve instead- he said he did not want to mess with my plumbing at that point and can come back in a year for the 2nd half of the ds and well I love my sleeve and am loosing a nice amount of weight with this surgery does not really have much complications- now you can like any surgery have some but they are much lower then the ds or gastric bi pass. although my husband is getting the ds in november by Dr. G. looking forward to meeting you and your husband. I can give you our phone # then.

Denise

This is amazing. I was going to respond by saying that I didn't have my procedure done at Abington Memoial Hospital in Phila, PA., but one of my very good friends, her mother - whose name is Mrs. Denise - had her procedure done there and I believe she too had a very positive experience.

Hi -- I am planning on going this Tuesday also -- Dr B removed my lapband 6/2010 and am now scheduled for the VSG in January.....have many questions and am happy they are breaking out into groups ..went to a few of the meetings before but always felt like it was a lecture hall atmosphere and not a support group....would like to meet up with you also, Denise! Thanks!

Georgia

I had my sleeve done in April also, by Dr. Josloff from Abington Bariatric. AMAZING DOC!!! He is definitely the love of my life! He's caring, and compassionate, and he leaves no stone unturned when it comes to your health. I have never met Dr. G., or Bonanni, so I can't speak to their style or mannerisms. You will be in good hands with everyone you come in contact with at Abington. From the nutritionist, to the nurses, even to the front desk!

Please keep us posted on your journey, and I'm looking forward to meeting you at Tuesday's support group.:P

Annette

Thanks for posting everyone. I feel a lot better and I am looking forward to meeting you too. Thanks for being so nice! rolleyes.gif

PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - it causes infertility and is caused by being born insulin resistant - which causes metabolic syndrome.

After being unsuccessful conceiving I discovered that I had this and that bariatric surgery was a known cure. (It cures metabolic syndrome, which cures insulin resistance. Cured insulin resistance leads to restored ovulatory function, which leads to cured PCOS! laugh.gif)

My end result after losing weight is to have a child. So I am nervous for a lot of reasons! However, I feel a lot better after reading all the posts. I feel like I can do this and so can my hubby.

Thanks again!

EFAM!!!

Hope you feel better but if you are not able to make it - Thank you for your kindness. This entire situation has been so difficult. I had a close friend be so negative - being able to hear experiences from people who have been through it already was so encouraging.

Thanks Denise. Hope to meet you one day!

Your welcome

I don't think I will be there think I need to stay home and rest this bug I have - have to go away for work wed-fri ugh- I figured out how to private message you with my phone number if you would like to call.

do any of you still go to the Tuesday meetings? I am going this Tuesday for my first one (pre-op) and I would love to meet the forum peeps there! I've only done the 6 month waiting period (well, 5 months so far) so I'd LOVE to see your progress! My Dr is Bonanni and so far I think he's pretty great.

I am pre-op at Abington, too. Yay! If I can get a sitter, I'll be at support group. My daughter goes to bed at 8, so I need someone who can be here so she can stay on schedule.

I am pre-op at Abington, too. Yay! If I can get a sitter, I'll be at support group. My daughter goes to bed at 8, so I need someone who can be here so she can stay on schedule.

Excellent!! I hope to see you there!