Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went to my PCP today and was amazed at how different he treated me.

So, I went to my PCP for the first time since surgery today due to a UTI that I haven't been able to kick in the last week. He walked in and ask if I was with Julie. Like he didn't even recognize me. I know I have lost 54lbs but do I really look like a totally different person???

It's not like he didn't have my chart right in front of him reading the weight. Anyway, I told him it was me and he acted really surprised. It was a good thing but this coming from a man who for years let me try every diet in the world and seemed to condemn me when I failed. HOWEVER, when I went in an talked to him about the surgery he did everything he could to make it happen. I'm truly grateful to him for that. You could say he helped change my life. :heart::angel:

I'm thankful for my PCP, too!! I wouldn't have taken this journey without her idea for it and support and help. I can't wait for her to see me post op in several weeks :0) congrats!!

That is surprising, but an NSV in a way, that your own Dr didn't recognize you lol. I went to my Dr recently for an ear infection and it was the first time she had seen me since my surgery. I had spoken to her briefly before about my plans to go to MX, and while she didn't discourage me from it, she seemed surprised. I assured her that I had done my research, for 7 yrs, and I felt comfortable with the Sleeve as the procedure that I wanted and which Dr I chose. So anyway, when she saw me a wk or so ago, she was very pleased with my weight loss and super pleased with my blood glucose reading being in the normal range. She was also impressed with my incision scars. So much that she wanted details, like specifics on the price, the process, contact info for some of her other patients, friends, and family. I am hoping some of our drs will see our success with the Sleeve and start recommending it to their patients as an option.

Congrats on your weight loss, you are doing so well and you look wonderful!!

:)

That is surprising, but an NSV in a way, that your own Dr didn't recognize you lol. I went to my Dr recently for an ear infection and it was the first time she had seen me since my surgery. I had spoken to her briefly before about my plans to go to MX, and while she didn't discourage me from it, she seemed surprised. I assured her that I had done my research, for 7 yrs, and I felt comfortable with the Sleeve as the procedure that I wanted and which Dr I chose. So anyway, when she saw me a wk or so ago, she was very pleased with my weight loss and super pleased with my blood glucose reading being in the normal range. She was also impressed with my incision scars. So much that she wanted details, like specifics on the price, the process, contact info for some of her other patients, friends, and family. I am hoping some of our drs will see our success with the Sleeve and start recommending it to their patients as an option.

Congrats on your weight loss, you are doing so well and you look wonderful!!

:)

Thank you! He was really happy with/for me. He loved that my bp was normal and my heart rate was not racing out of my chest like it was all the times before. I would almost have panic attacks when I had to go to the doctor. I just knew what he was thinking about me. I'm sure I was over reacting but I didn't see it that way then. I know now he was just worried about me. Maybe after seeing me he will talk to other people about this wonderful surgery. I know if I would have known about it sooner I would have done this a long time ago.

I'm thankful for my PCP, too!! I wouldn't have taken this journey without her idea for it and support and help. I can't wait for her to see me post op in several weeks :0) congrats!!

It's great to have wonderful people looking out for us.

Awww, that is so great! My PCP has been the same for the last 10 years and has also seen me try AND fail every single fricken diet! I always brought up WLS to him but he never jumped right on and said LET'S DO IT.

However, when I told him what I was doing, he was 100% supportive. I think he just liked the idea that I had done my research and it was ME saying let's do this and NOT coming from him. He's been totally great about me and my husband both having surgery. Gotta love those good drs like that.

54 lbs. is really A LOT of weight...Think about a 5 lb. sack of potatoes times 11. And that was spread out all over your body. That's crazy right??? Many people would always tell me oh you're a light weight, which would kinda make me feel bad. But it really was A LOT of weight on my body :(. Don't ever cut yourself short of the credit you deserve. You have done a Great job woman :)