Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated. Need clear answer. Need help.

I mentioned this yesterday but now I really am frustrated n need clear answers. Thanks:

I cannot take this Bariatric Advantage stuff anymore! All of it making me gag.

Please fill in the blank of what's good n easy to get down of the following:

Preop Protein shake-

Iron pill-

Multivitamin-

Vitamin d-

Calcium-

B-12-

Preop Protein shake-Premier Protein Shake from Costco-Chocolate is good

Iron pill- Sundown Naturals Perfect Iron-I ordered mine on Amazon. It's carbonyl iron and doesn't upset my stomach

Multivitamin- Centrum Chewables-Eat something, chew and swallow the Vitamin, eat some more. I can't take them on an empty stomach but "sandwiching" between food works.

Vitamin d- Nature Made 1000 I.U. I take one each day.

Calcium-ReViva calcium citrate liquid from Costco.com. 1 Tbsp = 500 mg. However, too much gives you the runs, so I am still looking for a chewable that's tolerable. Vitacost.com is not too expensive but really sweet. I chew them up with two almonds at the same time and that helps to cut the sweetness. I tried the BA chocolate chewables and they are disgusting.

B-12- Sublingual, 2500 mcg. twice a week. Any kind is fine, I buy mine from Walmart as they dissolve fast.

Hope this helps.

Thamk you. I'll get the costco shake today!

Let me know how it tastes! I've been eyeballing it for months, but afraid to buy in large quantities in case I don't like it!

Thamk you. I'll get the costco shake today!

Yumm

I tried the BA Multi and it made me so sick. With the Centrum chewable multi, it takes care of the Iron too. I do take the BA Calcium chewey bites but I am really tired of those as well. This Vitamin thing is definitely tough. :blink:

Shell

I mentioned this yesterday but now I really am frustrated n need clear answers. Thanks:

I cannot take this Bariatric Advantage stuff anymore! All of it making me gag.

Please fill in the blank of what's good n easy to get down of the following:

Preop Protein shake-

Iron pill-

Multivitamin-

Vitamin d-

Calcium-

B-12-

Preop Protein shake- I finally found one I can stomach. Its the body fortress vanilla and I add a spoon of cheesecake pudding mix to it or some sugar free caramel Syrup. I hated all Protein shakes before. I also mix it with milk and it is totally doable.

Iron pill- I take a chewable flintstones with iron twice a day!

Multivitamin- Flintstones with iron

Vitamin d- I bought a vitamin d pill at Walmart. Its small and is Fluid filled and easy to swallow.

Calcium- I chew a viactiv caramel a day. Its the best Calcium for people who are prone to kidney stones.

B-12- I bought the sublingual one at walmart and it melts under your tongue.. its good! l like a peice of candy.< /p>

Seems like the Walmart b-12 is popular. Thanks for all the tips. It's going to b hard to run around to different places for all the good things. :0/ but it's bettee than the BA stuff I'm sure.

Seems like the Walmart b-12 is popular. Thanks for all the tips. It's going to b hard to run around to different places for all the good things. :0/ but it's bettee than the BA stuff I'm sure.

I hated the BA Iron chewable after surgery.. It was so TART! I cant hardly stand it so I got some multis with Iron in them for that.

I'm supposed to b having 6 shakes a day. I'm only doing 3. U guys think this is really bad? I just can't down more. Bit I drink h2o too

It depends on how much Protein you're getting I think. If you can't stomach more than 3 shakes a day make sure you are getting at least 60g of Protein when ur drinking those 3 shakes. At least thats the requirements thru my office. I can either do 4 shakes a day or 2 shakes a day and a small meal with meat and non-starchy veggies. Only things I can eat all day otherwise is non-caloric liquid. (water, broth, SF Jello, SF popsicles)

Anyways I am so glad you posted this again because I tried creating the same post and no one answered me LOL. And you and I both tried in that other post and still no answers. Glad you finally got some help, cuz it helped me too!

Also last night I went to GNC and I am about to try their Wheyabolic shakes. I have chocolate vanilla and Cookies and cream I will let you know how they are because like you I am so sick of my shakes it's getting hard to drink them anymore.

I'm supposed to b having 6 shakes a day. I'm only doing 3. U guys think this is really bad? I just can't down more. Bit I drink h2o too

Thank u yes please let me know. I appreciate it!! ;0) good luck!!!

So those shakes I mentioned are pretty okay tasting. For me the bad thing is they are only 4 ounces big, for you that may be a good thing. They are also pretty thin, like drinking consistency of Water. I like mine a little thicker than that. Overall I think I will keep them, but I was definetly hoping for a better product. JSYK. Also, if you don't mind if you find one you love let me know cuz as you can tell I'm having a rough way to go with this Protein shake thing. Thanks! Good Luck! :)

Thank u yes please let me know. I appreciate it!! ;0) good luck!!!