Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do I do with all these feelings?

I think that these feelings are normal. I was talking to a friend last night, and said that I am embarrassed that I have gotten to a weight where I am considering, much less actually having surgery. It is like I have to admit that I can't do it myself, which because I am so freaking hard headed and stubborn, is hard for me to do.

Then, in the course of conversation, I said "although, it is embarrassing every day that I walk out in public looking like this".

I am so excited, and am starting to realize that there is a purpose for this band, and it is getting my old life back.

i have been geeling all of the same ways as you guys!

Why haven't I done this on my own?

My parents wouldn't approve of Mexico.

Am I crazy?

Will I ever be able to eat sushi again?

Urgh. :rolleyes: Glad to know I'm not the only one!

I am so glad I found this thread. I've researched, planned, hoped, and prayed for this opportunity. Success story after success story have left me in tears that there just might be a way to win this damnable battle.

Now, I'm exactly 2 weeks away from my band date (8/7) and, while I know this is different, I keep letting the doubt get to me. Funny, I'm not scared about the surgery. That will probably come just prior to getting on the plane. It's just thinking about how many times I've lost 60 or so pounds only to gain back 80.

After my year and a half on Weight Watchers, 65 lbs. lost, and 80 regained, I've been locked up on dieting because I don't want to gain more weight. Now, I have this nagging little voice from my past telling me that I'm spending thousands of dollars to get the same results I've always gotten.

I've GOT to trust this is going to work for me. I totally believed up until yesterday when I got the jitters.

You guyz are all so awsome.

I am one week out now and yes, so greatful to God for allowing me this opportunity.

I am shocked and surprised at how little pain I felt afterward. I am shocked and surprised at how calm I now feel. I am shocked and surprized to know that everything is going to be OK.

I have left dread behind. I no longer dread getting dressed in the one and only pair of pants that fit, because I know that I will be shrinking soon. I no longer dread the day because I know that each and every day I will be lighter and healthier than the day before. I honestly don't care how long it takes to lose this weight because I know it will come.

I am on a liquid fast for 30 - 35 days. My good Canadian surgeon is very strict. I am willing to do this as it is only temporary and reminds me of being pregnant and giving up on some of my habits to keep my baby growing safely.

So onward we go.

I just about tear up when I think of all the kind words I have gotten here.

Thank you all

I will now pass on the good support to all the newer bandsters.

hugs all

All is well....you were right and Jack, I too thought of jumping off hte operating table and running...hahhahahaha...but gee, I am glad I didnt':nervous

All right! You are an official bandster!

Life is grand with hope, isn't it?

It will get better and better. Please, when you hit a wall or a bump, come here for some support and ask any questions, and you're sure to get some good advice, some hugs, and maybe even a kick in the pants if you need it! I've received all of the above, and am very thankful!

Good luck!

Cindy

Congratulations!

I am so glad everything worked out for you!!!!

Wish us the same smooth ride.

I know what you are talking about. I was lying there on the table and was think that I think I am going to back out of this and the next thing I woke up and was in the recover room. I guest I thought a little to long HAHAHAHA..... You girls will do fine I am so glad that I had this done....

I am 3 days post op and I went to the Vitamin store and got some things I needed. I would suggest doing some shopping right before surgery, or have someone do it the day you come home for you. I would suggest just the simple Clear liquids to start - don't try to think to far ahead.

But my doc recommends chewable Vitamins and tums w/ Calcium 2x a day so if you need things like that get them ahead of time - I would suggest liquid Maalox or Gaviscon and some anti gas liquid, too. Also liquid Tylenol for sure! They make an adult kind called "rapid blast" that is new and helps alot.

I was so scared before - I cried for 2 days. I thought something horrible would happen during the operation and there are only a few people I have told and I thought the whole thing would all come out and be a disaster. But alas, I am home and all is well.

My doctor asked me why I was keeping the surgery a secret and I told him I didn't want people to think I was taking the easy way out. He looked at me and said "If you think this is the easy way out you are wrong. This takes hard work and you should be proud of yourself. This is the best decision you will ever make for you and your life will be better for it. It takes guts to do this and you've got 'em!" I repeated that over and over and it got me through.

So - hang in there - post if you need support, and know it will all be good! Just imagine us all a year from now!

There are lots of people praying for all of you undergoing your surgery soon! Just relax and know you are doing the right thing!:Banane56:

Hi Guys,

Reading this thread has been sooo helpful. People REALLY do feel the same way that I do. I've been very nervous and scared, yet excited at the same time. They drill all the risks into your head and it's hard to avoid thinking about them. I keep thinking I'm going to vault off the operating table too! lol

Thank you for sharing your fears and how you have come through it well. Wish me luck!! Aug 1, baby!

Being banded was the best thing I ever did for me. It took every bit of equity I had to pay for it but it has helped my life and changed me.

I was just looking in the mirror a couple of minutes ago and I really don't know myself. I can't wait to get back to the US and go shopping. I sent for an outfit in June (that just arrived) in size 8 and its fine. My mom sent some old clothes for me to give my housekeeper and the size 6 skirts fit --size 6, I couldn't wear a size 6 when I weighed 130 (a hundred years ago) - I think the sizes have changed.

It gave me the confidence to sell my house, quit my job, become a contractor, move half way around the world, etc. If I had stayed heavy, I would not have believed I could do all of this. But I used my band tool and now I am using my brain tool to live differently.

Good luck on your journey. Appreciate the doubts because later you will look back in amusement. Celeste

Scared, SCARED! Running around with my head under my arm. Tomorrow's the big day! I need a great big tranquilizer.

lizzilo I know where you are coming from I was up to the time I was on the operating table I remeber think I am not going to do this and the knext thing I remember was waking up in recover... See you are not alone...

Scared, SCARED! Running around with my head under my arm. Tomorrow's the big day! I need a great big tranquilizer.

Awwwwwwwww congratulations Lizzilo, that is so exciting. I pray your surgery goes as easily and the pain is as little as I felt 9 days ago.......

hugs, hugs, hugs.....